01 | moonlight and roses

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Age 13

You opened your window before silently climbing down the side of your house.

As your feet hit the soft ground, you immediately but silently ran into your backyard.

Brushing past the bushes that guarded the fence, you moved one of the loose fences to the side before squeezing yourself through the gap, not noticing that a few branches made contact with your skin resulting in small cuts to dot your bare arms and legs.

Once you were out of the safe barrier your house held, or what other people would call, the fence, you immediately bolted into the forest; the moon's luminescent glow guiding you.

Once you walked past the curtain of vines that hung from the cave's mouth, you then skipped through the cave as moonlight was seeping in from the other end.

You exited the cave before halting and gazing down at the valley below.

The valley used to be a garden filled with stone structures like statues, fountains, arches, and many more. But it was suddenly abandoned for unknown reasons.

So the used to be well-kept flowers started to grow and grow until it completely covered most of the secret garden's stunning structures.

The valley was long forgotten as it was hidden by hills surrounding the perimeter.

And the only way into the garden was by traveling through the cave which was almost mazelike.

But you and your father would always make your way through the cave's system.

Not long after you and your father built a habit of exploring these caves, your head held a clear map of the cave's whole system. Meaning you'd know every dead end, exit, and entrance to the cave.

The main flower that overtook the garden were roses. White roses, blue roses, red roses, pink roses, you name the color. Hybrid roses to roses that held colorful gradient on each petal.

Many rose bushes were huge as they ran up the sides of structures. But one thing that you found odd was the fact that the rose bushes kept the stone pathways and wide roadlike paths clear.

From the cave, you could see that all the roads and pathways connected together, creating an outline of a rose.

Breathing in the fresh air that smells heavily of roses, which was quite pleasing to the nose, you made your way down from the cave's mouth as stone steps guided the way down to the valley from the cave.

Once you were safely a the foot of the hill, you followed the path as you knew it would lead you to one of your favorite places in the secret garden.

The Fountain.

It held many memories for you. Some happy, some tragic and plain sad.

It astonished you that the fountain, which was somewhat built in the late 1820's, was still working as fresh and clean water is being poured into the fountain's basin.