First School Day

This is skipping to Charles and Isabelle's first day at school.

Hervé and Daniel walked with the little ones up to the gate of the school and prepared them for what lied ahead.
"Stick together like glue please." Hervé asked of them.
"Ok Dad." Charles replied.
"You ok Belle?" Daniel was nervous for both of them and was trying his best not to let it show.
"I'm scared Daddy." Belle replied close to tears.
Charles grabbed her hand and told her they were friends so it would all be ok.
"Let's just get a quick photo for your mums"  Hervé and Daniel both brought out a couple of cameras and snapped a photo of the two smiling and holding hands, a true image of innocence.
"Charles, one moment guys sorry." Charles walked over to his dad and they spoke away from the others for a minute.
"Don't let anything happen to her, ok? Real men protect ladies so be a good boy."
Then they rejoined the others.
"Ok, all done. Go ahead and go in. The teachers don't bite." Daniel ushered them in.
They linked hands again and walked in.
The two dad's left as soon as they saw them walk into the class.
They stayed together for the whole day. Not letting eachother leave their sights.

I know these chapters are quite short at the moment but I only wanted to provide a little back story to the main one.