Do Not Until

Do not fall in love until you're face to face with her, and all you can see is the twinkle in her eyes forever ablaze like the stars in the night. Do not fall in love with her until her lips touch yours, and all you can feel are chills running up and down your body like lightning in a storm. Do not fall in love with her until she still kisses you even though you're sick. Do not fall in love with her until you've explored every knook and cranny inside her mind. Do not fall in love with her until you've seen her at her most troubled. Do not fall in love with her until you've seen her smile brighter than the sun. Do not fall in  love with her until you imagine life together. But most of all, don't fall in love with her until you feel the same way when you first met her.

        Fall in love with her when you bring her home for the first time, and Mom loves her as if she was her own. Fall in love with her when Dad wishes he could've found a girl like that sooner. Fall in love with her when all she wants to do is be wrapped in your arms. Fall in love with her when you see her walking down the aisle, in her wedding gown, and all you can feel is her beauty radiate off of her. Fall in love with her when you slip the wedding ring onto her finger that you saved so much for. Fall in love with her when she looks up at you and you can still see that twinkle in her eyes when you were teenagers.

        Do not fall in love with him until he offers you his jacket on a cold winter day. Do not fall in love with him until Grandma says he reminds her of Grandpa when he was a teenager. Do not fall in love with him until you've figured out why he has skin made out of kevlar, and why he as his heart in an iron cage. Do not fall in love with him until you've learned why his little brother is his whole world. Do not fall in love with him until you understand why when he's angry, he remains silent. But most of all, do not fall in love with him until you want your son to grow up to be exactly like him.

        Fall in love with him when his heartbeat matches yours. Fall in love with him when you see tears streaming down his face. Fall in love with him when he calls you at three o'clock in the morning to apologize after a fight. Fall in love with him when he's at his most vulnerable, yet remains reserved. Fall in love with him when Dad sits him down in the garage to "talk." Fall in love with him when Mom says she's so happy you found a guy like that. But most of all, fall in love with him when you want your daughter to marry a guy just like him.