Prologue

HOMECOMING. The ultimate event where high school kids are supposed to go and have the best night of their lives. Having the chance to dance the night away, get wasted without the chaperons knowing, and maybe even conquering a hookup later that night.

Yet here she stood, outside the building where she was supposed to have that 'best' night of her life doing something she told herself she was never in her life going to do—smoke. After seeing her dad die of lung cancer, she promised herself never to touch a cigarette— almost like the way her father promised each and every time he was with her that he was gonna stop.

Guess they were more alike than she thought.

Angelina should have felt disgusted in herself, probably disappointed or ashamed. However, at this very exact moment, she felt numb. Her fingers itched to hold a cigarette just as her body faintly ached for that bitter nicotine, probably like her father did when he craved for a smoke.

All she craved was a release. A release or even an escape from the reality she had to face. After all, seeing her supposed 'love of her life' going balls deep inside her younger sister tends to do that to you. Their moans and their groans were like almost hearing the shrill of a violin over and over again.

Tapping the body of cigarette roughly, she brought it up to her lips once more. Even with the feeling of numbness, she could feel the rage boiling underneath.

The betrayal.

Flashbacks of all her memories of her relationship came forward. The feeling of each overwhelmed her with much sentiment. Within those memories, she could now see the truth. The side glances she always seemed to miss between them. The hidden flirtation every time they spoke.

It was right in front of her the whole time. And well she,

She was absolutely furious.

Blowing one last puff, she threw the cigarette onto the ground making sure to add extra force when stepping on it. Then she walked away.

After all, that was what she was most good at.