Separately or together?

First chapter

As any other day, the first thing I did was to kick my mother’s stomach a bit hard from the inside. I can’t help it, my tiny legs are uncontrollable and I just want to lay on my mother’s chest, instead of being a foster in another human’s placenta. I guess that’s nature; we give birth to humans, who gives birth to other humans, and so on, and so on. It’s a very beautiful circle, and I want to experience it with my eyes and feel it, not only with my body, but in my heart.

It was nearly time to say hi to the world, and I was prepared not to face my daddy. Unfortunately, my dad passed away a couple of month ago, and it was obvious, my mother spend her time shaking the following days and she forced herself to eat, even with no appetite, just to give me some nutrition. She was very uncomfortable and she kept holding her belly and told me everything was going to work out.

I was born August 29, 1993 in Wolverhampton, a town located in England. This day was a very special day, yet a tragic day if I may say. First of all I effectively was born dead, yea I know right? Basically my heart wasn’t beating at all! I didn’t respond to anything, that includes medical elements. The doctors felt a huge pressure on their shoulders and they didn’t see hope in me. I was just the child, who died at birth. As they took off their gloves and took a heavy breath, I interrupted. My peaceful heartbeat, as they called it and my hysterical crying slowly started. They were in chock and you couldn’t tell if they were crying or laughing. The only thing more tragic than my death for a couple of minutes, was my mom, whom heart wasn’t beating ever again. Her heart stopped beating, and instead I lived, knowing she suffered.

I’m a survival, and at that time back in the hospital, I needed my mom’s chest to lay on. I badly needed to hear her heart beat, but i couldn’t.

When my mom used to hold her belly in the sad times, she always told me that everything was going to be all right in the end, so I guess this isn’t the ending.