Lanterns

It's the night of the date, but Dottie just thinks it's a regular Sebastian/Dottie adult night out kind of date night. Right now Chris is at the house to pick up the kids and as Dottie was giving each kid hugs and kisses for the night Sebastian and Chris were whispering to each other, which peaked Dottie's curiosity. Once they were gone Sebastian turned and looked at her with a smile.

"Now you miss. I went ahead and picked out your outfit for the night and it's currently on your bed. We are on a strict schedule tonight so hurry up and get ready," Sebastian said to her and she wanted to question what they were doing tonight, but she also knew Sebastian would never tell her. It took her an hour but Dottie was ready and when she came downstairs she found Sebastian in a pair of dark wash jeans, a black shirt, and a navy bomber jacket. This is complete contrast of Dottie's outfit which consisted of jeans, a white shirt, a red cardigan, and a scarf for around her neck (picture above). She had her hair half up and half down and went makeup free tonight.

"You look stunning," Sebastian said going and pulling her into a hug and Dottie just laughed.

"You've seen me in these clothes probably a thousand times," she replied and he just shrugged before the two headed out and into his car. It was a thirty minute drive to the restaurant that was water front. It's Dottie's favorite restaurant and she was beyond excited already. Earlier Sebastian went ahead and preordered their food so it was ready as soon as they were seated. Dinner started off normal, but then Dottie noticed Sebastian getting a little fidgety which he only did when nervous.

"What's going on Seba," she asked as she out a piece of pasta on her fork. Sebastian wasn't sure if this was the right time to confess his feelings for her, but it was about to happen. He put down his fork and wiped his mouth before meeting Dottie's blue eyes.

"Dottie, I'm going to say something and please wait until I get it all out to cut me off," he asked and she nodded her head now setting her own fork down. This must be serious because he used her actual name instead of Snow, and Dottie is actually really nervous about what is about to be said to her. "I've been denying my feelings for you for years, but now that we're living together I can't ignore them anymore. I freaking love you Dorothy Snow, I've been in love for years. I know now is probably not the right time to say this considering it's only been six months since the whole divorce process started and then only two months since it was finalized, but I needed to tell you this. I would love to take you out on dates and take things slow. I'm willing to take them as slow as you want to because I don't want to confuse the kids. I just want you," Sebastian said trailing off when he noticed the smirk on Dottie's lips.

"I've loved you for nineteen going on twenty years. If we do this we're going to do it right and take it slow. The kids are my main priority right now, but I'd love to go on a few dates with you Mr. Stan to see where things go with us," Dottie said and it was like fireworks went off inside of Sebastian he couldn't have been happier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where are we going," Dottie asked as she walked hand in hand with Sebatian in a field where other people were just standing. They finally stopped and a man approached them and gave them a lantern after Sebastian paid for it. This is when she realized it was a lantern festival type deal and she couldn't have been happier. She's been talking about going to one for years, but with work and life it never added up. Everyone started lighting and letting their lanterns go. Sebastian lit their's as Dottie held onto it.

"To new beginnings," Dottie said smiling before closing her eyes and letting it go. What she didn't know was that Sebastian was taking pictures of her because he wanted photographic evidence of one of the best nights of his life. When Dottie opened her eyes she took the two steps to Seb and put her arms around him and he did the same to her, resting his head ontop of hers. They stayed for thirty minutes before Dottie got too cold and wanted to go home. Even though it's the second week of August she always got cold at night. Next week is a big week for their house. Sebastian's birthday is on Monday, Merliah's birthday is on Thursday, and then the next Tuesday (the 21st) the kids go back to school. And then the week after that Dottie will be gone for a month working on a new film. She always tries her best not to work during the summer so she can be present for all of Eli's baseball games and so if they want to go on a vacation they could.

As they were walking back to the car Dottie turned around to take one last glance at all of the lanterns in the sky and then she turned and looked at Sebastian. She stood up on her tippy toes and softly placed a kiss on his lips. He was stunned at first, but then he began to kiss her back. Once they broke apart neither of them said anything. They just smiled, held the other's hand, and walked back to the car. The thing about planning to take things slow is that they never end up that way. Later that night Dottie ended up in Sebastian's bed with no clothes on and they had sex, but it was more than just simple sex for either of them. They were finally expressing their love to each other, really it wasn't having sex it was making love. In that bed that night they were surrounded by love.