Chapter 7 - Broken Family

*13 years ago* *in the cabin*

Ashton's mother (Delilah) was tucking him in bed after reading him a story. He was now sound asleep. She said she loved him and kissed his head goodnight.

Jack was in the master bedroom waiting for Delilah. He suddenly heard the phone ring next to him. "Who is calling us at this hour?" he said. He picked up the phone and it was all static. "Hello...?" there was no answer so he hung up and thought it's as just a wrong number.

Delilah walked in and closed the door a crack. "Who was that?" she asked as she got into bed.

"Oh, just some static. Not a big deal." he said. But he was feeling a strange presence. More like pressure on his chest like someone pushing down on him.

"What's wrong honey?" she asked in concern.

"I don't feel right about that phone call..."he said looking at the phone and spacing out from being so tired all of the sudden.

"I'm sure everything is fine. You look very tired. Let's go to sleep." she said tucking herself next to Jack as he wrapped his arms around her. Pressing his body against hers.

"I love you" he said kissing her head and falling asleep.

Hours went by and it is now 2am. The house is dark and quiet. The only light is the hallway light.

The master bedroom door creeked open. Jack automatically sprung awake I'm defense and picked up a weapon.

"Daddy... I had a bad dream..." Ashton said.

Jack put down the weapon and got out of bed and picked up Ashton. "Its okay son. It was only a dream. You know I will always protect you. No one will ever hurt you." He walked into Ashton's room and tucked him into bed.

Jack went back into his room and when he opened the door. Delilah was on the floor with the wepon. Jack ran to her.

"Delilah! What happened!?!" he screamed. And held her in his arms. She opened her eyes and softly said "Shhharrrr....protect Ashto...I love you.." she spoke her last breathe.

Jack cried. But wait. "Shar?... Ashton!?!" he lightly put her down and ran to Ashton's room. The Shar was over Ashton, sucking the life out of him. He grabbed his weapon and shot light into the creature and it ran up to the ceiling. He grabbed Ashton and the shield(giraffe)and put him in the closet for safety.

Terrible scretches came from the creature and to flew out of the house. Jack exhaled and dropped to the ground passed out. The next day their maide Lisa came in to fine them and called the authorities and they were rushed to the hospital. Delilah was dead. Ashton got a minor head injury and Jack was left with a broken heart and determination to protect Ashton at any rate.

Lisa walked into Ashton's hospital room. "I'll kill you before you destroy me. But in due time. I will destroy everything you love first. Like you father did to my mother." She stormed out. Ashton was still unconscious and having the same dream I had.

3 years later Jack married Lisa.