// chapter 6 //

I drove to Panda Express, deciding that it would be the easiest thing to pick up on my way home. I parked, and walked in, and ordered my usual to go. I had to get home and finish packing stuff up for the move that would be happening in 3 days. I payed for my stuff, and drove home, trying to block out all the thoughts that flooded my mind of leaving. I didn't want to do this, but I had no choice. I arrived at my house to see Niall's car in front of my house. Oh great.

I parked in the driveway, and went inside. Once inside, I headed straight for my room, but my mother stopped me.

"Kate." her voice came out coldly, and it hit my like a gust of icy wind.

"Yes mother?" I responded in the same tone as her.

"You need to talk to Niall. I don't care what you think. Do it." She said before turning on her heel and walking back to the kitchen.

"Of course you don't care." I said under my breath before walking to my room. I opened my door and saw Niall sitting on my bed, head in between his hands that were resting on his legs, taking long, deep breaths, with short sniffles in between. He's been crying. I walked over to my now empty desk and set my food on it, and take a seat before I begin to eat.

"Why are you here?" I ask, startling him in the process. He must of not heard me come in.

"Kate, I'm so sorry." He said while running over to me and engulfing me in a hug, but I didn't respond.

"I can't believe you Niall. You hid something huge from me. I don't think I can forgive you for that. What kind of best friend does that?" I say as I pull myself out of his grasp, leaving him there looking empty and broken. "Do you not even realize what you did wrong? You hid something huge from me. You hid the fact that I was moving from me. Are you kidding me?" I said, trying to keep my temper under control because I knew if I raised my voice, my mother would surely rush in here and yell at me.

"Kate, look. I know what I did was wrong, and I apologize. Please, forgive me. This is our last few days together for awhile, please, be my best friend again. I know what I did jeopardized our friendship, and I am so wrong and so stupid, and I'm so sorry. I know this won't fix it, but please know that I'm sorry." he said while looking down at his hands. I sighed, and accepted his apology. I was still hurt, but I knew if I didn't try to forgive and move on, that I'll never be able to, and I'll be the one who ruined our friendship, and not him. I gave him a hug, and finished my food.

After about another 3 1/2 hours of packing, Niall finally went home, and my room was fully packed. I fell onto my bed, but couldn't fall asleep. I stared at the ceiling, thinking that in just a few days, I will never see this ceiling again. I finally drifted off into sleep, with leaving my house behind being the last thing on my mind.

[ Status : edited 4-26-15 ]