ethan part 1 12

I was bussing my table as the two guys in the booth next to me got up and left. My best friend Stella had been their server and we couldn't stop giggling over how attractive the two twins were while they were here. We kept joking around that I would take the brunette and she would take the bleach blonde one.

As I finished wiping down my table I passed by theirs and noticed a phone was sitting in the booth. Realizing one of them probably forgot it, I grabbed it and ran outside hoping to catch them before they left. I saw them walking down the sidewalk. "Hey!" I called out and hurried over to them.

They both turned to look at me. "Hey, sorry, I think one of you forgot your phone." I held it out to them and immediately the one brunette one snatched it out of my hand.

"What the fuck did you do to it?" He snapped giving my a death glare.

I was completely shocked but his response. "Ex...excuse me?" I stuttered. What could I have possibly done to it in the thirty seconds since they had walked out? It wasn't like I was some genius phone hacker, I could barely work my own on a good day. Technology really wasn't my thing. That's why I worked at an old school diner where they still took orders by pen and paper rather than using a tablet.

"Did you go through it? Find whatever dirt you were looking for?" He sneered, "Or did you just feel guilty for trying to steal it and thought maybe bringing it back would be a good opportunity to talk to us?" he asked coldly.

"E..." the other one muttered placing a hand on "E's" arm, seemingly trying to calm down the situation.

"Listen, dude, I don't know what the hell your problem is, I just wanted to give you back your phone. I didn't look at it, I didn't do anything to it, I didn't want to steal it. It was just sitting in the booth and I brought it out to you. " I turned and started to walk away, wanting to get away from whatever this situation was.

"Oh, come on! Like I'm supposed to believe that?" He called after me. I hesitantly turned back around to look at him as he stalked over to me.

"You can believe whatever you want, I guess. Look, I have to get back to work. Have a nice fucking day." I started to walk away again muttering, "asshole," under my breath.

He really could not let it go. "Stop playing dumb," he said, "I know you know who I am. You and you're friend were giggling and pointing at us. I'm surprised you didn't ask for a picture. That would have been chill, but this...this is so fucked up and a violation of our privacy," he said as he waved his phone around. He ran his hands through his hair, pulling on it slightly out of frustration.

I started laughing. What the hell was this guys deal? We were in LA so everyone a lot of people were connected to somebody important or famous. Usually they hid their arrogance a little better than this. "Wow, that's a big ego you have there. I don't know who the fuck you are dude, or who the fuck your dad is or whatever, and I don't really give a shit. Stella and I were giggling because we thought you were cute, thats it. Clearly her and I should take this as a learning experience that looks don't indicate a good personality. So, like I said if I could get back to work...?" I trailed off, letting the question hang in case he wanted to continue this fun exchange. If I got tipped badly by my current tables because this guy was harassing me I was going to be pissed.

His eyes practically bugged out of his head as his whole demeanor changed and softened. He shoulder's sagged as he let out a deep sigh. "You really don't know who we are, do you?"

I shook my head. "Nope, sorry. Don't really care either," I said. I pushed the door opened and walked back into the diner to get back to my tables.

The twin that had been harassing me followed me inside. "Fuck, look I'm so sorry I didn't mean to come off as a dick." His eyes were pleading and it looked like he seemed genuinely sorry, but I had wasted enough time on him already.