Chapter I

All I ever wanted was to be cherish - to be loved. All I ever did was love but never really took the time to look at myself and see how everything was destroying me. I never loved myself as much I loved others. I guess that was something that would always condemn me in my life.

I am a young Mexican-American boy from a small border town of Texas. I have always loved life here in Laredo. The town, the people and the culture, everything was beautiful. I really had best of both worlds living at the border. I could just cross the international bridge and be in Mexico in a small town called Nuevo Laredo where all my family is from.

I really loved it here. I really did and regardless of everything that happened growing up, I knew that this was my home, this was the land I was born and I just fell in love completely of my land. I can really tell you that growing up emotionally unstable wasn't easy but it was impossible. In my eighth grade I really decided that everything was going to change in my life. I truly decided that I was not going to be antisocial and awkward anymore. I was going to be popular but before all of that, I was a really lonely person, with a lot of problems that I couldn't seem to take control.

Everything was really fine, just sometimes I just truly wished to be fucking dead; which is crazy considering I was only starting to live. Just one thing I didn't know, and that was that my life was going to change completely in high school.

At the age of seventeen I met the love of my life, my soul mate - from the beginning it seemed that we both knew that we were right for each other. I was seventeen and he was twenty, there was difference of age but we both didn't care. We had the blessing from my mother and his parents. Everything was so perfect. It was so crazy because I was in eleventh grade and he was already a sophomore at the Texas A&M International University here in Laredo.

There was nothing more perfect than being able to have your boyfriend pick you up from school every day and just go sit at a hill by the International Bridge, where we had both views from Laredo and Nuevo Laredo. There was the place where we both talked about our future and the beautiful things that we wanted.

Ever since we met, all I saw in him was greatness, everything I could ever ask for in a man. To be honest, I was really surprise he would even turn around and look at me; I was only a teenage boy, who was only starting to learn about life but he didn't mind that. He always told me how I was such an exotic flower that always shined and was so beautiful all year long. He always told me how I was always his beautiful flower in the spring.

The night we met was so perfect, I remember it was at a football game at the United High School where I had a lot of friends and they happened to invite me that Friday night for the Toga Night. I remember seeing him when I first had arrive at the football field where I met up with my friends. We both had crossed eye contact and he gifted me a beautiful smile; which me blush and of course I gave him a smile back. Few steps later, I found my friends whom were already waiting for me with such impatience of how excited they where for the night that awaited us.

"Who is that?" I asked my friend Rebekah. Everyone started laughing and teasing me. "His name is Emiliano Casanova; He was the school star here at United. He was the Football quarterback in the varsity team." Karlee stated. Walking towards our other acquaintances and with a huge smile on my face, I unconsciously turned my head around to take another glance at him and there he was looking at me as well. I got so embarrassed and shy.

My eyes were filled so much enlightened by his beauty - Emiliano was a six-foot, muscular, white skinned jock with such charisma. His smile could easily melt anyone and his almond color eyes and blondish/brownish hair were just perfect - he was so angelical. When you try to describe such a perfect man as Emiliano, it's impossible to not get butterflies in your stomach or even do it without a smile. I was struck and I was speechless. "Salvatore." I heard. It was my friend Brandon talking to me but I was daydreaming and didn't realized when we had arrived with the rest of the group.