Chapter III

Vacations/honeymoon was over and it was time to settle down and start school. Emiliano and I have been unpacking so many boxes in our new home. Our home. We were getting used to the married life and tonight was the first time I could cook dinner for him since we had moved in. High school life was officially over and behind and believe me, this is so much better than anything else in my past.

I couldn't stop thinking about school, I was so ready to start my process of becoming the best surgeon of the state. I knew that being married had one responsibility but I also knew I had to really focus on my career for the next 7 years and nothing was going to stop me. We knew that we had a huge challenge ahead of us and we really needed to make it work.

For a year things went wonderfully but then, things got more difficult and we were faced with even more challenges. Emiliano started acting more and more different thought out time, he was becoming more distant. I tried to understand him, probably it was the stress from school and his work, I really tried to understand. We started fighting almost everyday and that meaning he started drinking and drinking. I didn't understand what was happening and why it was happening. Was it something I was doing? Or was it something else? I started asking myself these questions daily because there wasn't a time that Emiliano got worked up for the smallest things.

Regardless of what was happening, I always tried to be my best for him and to show him that it didn't matter what was happening, I was always going to be there for him. I like to believe that my actions really made the situation a little better for a while. I believe we were getting back on track and being the husbands we were.

My studies and my husband were the most important part of my life. There were days we really had romantic evenings: dates, movies, sex and adventures. There wasn't a day that went by that Emiliano didn't tell me he loved me. That's how I knew everything was okay and that we were just going through a situation every marriage go through. Everything was fine. 

Emiliano and I always saw each other at school, for maybe five minutes per class but we tried our best. Sometimes we even had lunch together with his friends and my friends. It was really nice. At lunch I finally met two of his close friends he made ever since we arrived at school and Austin. Emiliano and I tried to keep our friends from school separate so we wouldn't get bored of each other and maintain a healthy, interesting relationship.

"Chiquito, these are my friend Grace and Alessandro. We have almost every class together." He presented. "Well it's a pleasure to finally meet my husbands friends whom keep him out late sometimes" I responded smiling. They started laughing. We all had a great lunch that afternoon and interesting conversations and by interesting I mean by they asking me random questions and about medicine as if I already knew everything about surgery. One thing I couldn't ignore was at how Alessandro looked at my husband but yet it didn't surprise me on how he looking at Emiliano with such admiration due to everyone else looks at him the same way. Alessandro was this 24 year old guy, tall, light skinned, brown eyes, brown hair, work out body but still twink shaped body with a nice tone. He was really pretty, to be honest.

Few weeks had past, I've been so exhausted from school. Sleepless nights from all the studying I've had for my partial exams. Emiliano and I had spoken little because of our duties at school, which sometimes made me come late for trying to study in the library and really focus. I've been really busy. I was sure Emiliano understood completely.

One night I came home from school, it was around eight-thirty. I had stopped by our favorite Chinese restaurant to grab supper for Emiliano and I. Emiliano was sitting on the sofa waiting for me to get home. I immediately headed to the kitchen so I get serve supper. I could see the expression on Emiliano's face that he wasn't so pleased and asked him what was wrong - he said nothing. I continued eating because I had a lot homework ahead of me I needed to get finished.