Chapter 1

After long nights and lots of research, I am finally finishing up Book 2. Thank you so much to everyone who has been waiting patiently and encouraging me. 

Without further ado... Here is Chapter 1 of Finder's Keepers Book 2.

I hope you love it.

-Belle

***

     "That is one crazy cat. Don't you think, John?"

     "Yeah, Kathy. Now onto some other more serious news. The arrests that were made back in June of Mitchell Grassi's stalker case have now gone to trial. Sources are saying that there is so much evidence to present that the trial could take days. We have people on the street talking to citizens and we do have footage of Zach Powell and other suspects entering the courthouse."

[Cuts to footage of Scott Hoying leading, with a group of officers, Zach into the courthouse. Kevin Olusola is seen leading Adam Reynolds behind them.]

     "Scott Hoying is the lead in this case, but some say that there is some shady stuff going on with that. On top of the public displays of affection tactic used to bait Zach Powell out of hiding, Scott Hoying and Mitchell Grassi are rumored to be actually dating behind the scenes of the case and a lot of people are worried that it could make things more complicated. There was some footage anonymously sent to us, here check it out."

[Cuts to blurry security footage of Scott kissing Mitch in the squad room. Barely distinguishable and maybe four seconds long.]

     "Also, another suspect in this case is none other than Scott's very own brother Sean Hoying. He disappeared eight years ago and resurfaced in the middle of this case. Sources again say that while he was involved, the victims are not pressing charges against him and people are starting to speculate on whether or not Scott Hoying has put them up to this. Sean is working as a witness in the case. Nothing has been confirmed, and that is all speculation."

     "Every day there seems to be something else strange surfacing."

     "How do you guys think all this is going to play out?"

     "I'm not sure, John. What about you, Tom?"

     "Well, Kathy I hope that whoever actually kidnapped and murdered those people get the time in jail they deserve, and if there is something going on with Scott Hoying that it doesn't stop God's plan. Scott Hoying has been taking care of New York for years now, and I think that people need to keep faith in him."

     "That is very well said."

     "Well, thank you for tuning into News at Nine. Tune in tonight to see if caffeine is actually good for you. A new study suggests that it can make you live longer."

[Cuts to new news segment.]

     "The trial is now on day two and we do have information for you. Our insiders say that the courtroom is tense but very calm. Zach Powell's lawyers are throwing the NYPD for a loop as evidence is presented. Our media guys were able to get a small interview with Zach himself as he was leaving the courtroom yesterday. Check it out."

[Cuts to video of Zach Powell lit by camera flashes. He is in an orange jumpsuit and cuffed, held by an officer. He is being transferred somewhere.]

     "Can you tell us anything about the case?"

     "No, but it's very hard. Seeing someone that you love so much talking so badly about you hurts. I wish you could see Mitch for the person he his. He is a master manipulator. He would make me fall in love with him and then abuse me. It's really interesting, loving someone when you know you shouldn't."