Chapter 1: Yankie White

Gibbs POV:

Gibbs is in his basement grading the wood on his boat when his house phone on the wall starts to ring. He knows he has to answer it because Caroline is at work. "Yeah, Gibbs." He answers

"A Navy commander carrying the football on air force one just carked in the air." Tony says immediately. Caroline giggles from her spot sitting on the corner of Tony's desk. Tony smiles at her. He's standing right in front of her leaning down closer to her to write on the paper sitting next to her.

"Where'd they land?" Gibbs asks

"Wichita Kansas." Caroline says. Gibbs smiles as he realizes that Caroline and Tony have to be sitting super close to each other if she can hear him too. "The presidents transferring to the backup bird." She adds

"I booked us on a 1500 United flight out of Reagan stops in Dallas before going on to Wichita." Tony explains as he moves slightly to the left to pull it all up on his computer. Caroline slides closer to him so she can hear her dad on the phone.

"Is that the best you could do?" Gibbs asks challengingly

"It's Saturday Gibbs!" Tony snaps. Caroline laughs more at his complaining and he can't help but smile at her as he pulls on his jacket. "You know if we had our own jet...." He continues never taking his eyes off the redhead in front of him.

"But we don't." Caroline says sadly as she jumps to her feet and wanders over to her desk to start gathering her things.

"Ducky's buzzed with corners across the country see if he can get one of them to hold the body until we get there." Gibbs says

"Alright." Tony says quickly hanging up and watching Caroline as they both gather their things

•••

"FBI, CIA, DEA, ATF even NYPD have private jets." Tony complains as the three walk through the packed airport. Caroline nods in agreement sipping her coffee.

"36 cents a mile you wanna drive?" Gibbs asks Tony

"It's humiliating." Tony says as he throws his bags on the belt before grabbing Caroline's and doing the same. She mumbles a quiet thanks and he smiles back at her

"We're LEOs." Gibbs says showing the man their flight information that Caroline printed off for them.

"I'm a Capricorn!" The man says rather enthusiastically as he takes the paper and opens it. Tony immediately stops messing with the bags and slowly looks up at the man before looking at Caroline with an 'is this dude serious right now' look. She covers her mouth with her hand so that she doesn't start laughing.

"LEO short for law enforcement officers." Tony says. to the man as him and Caroline pull out their badges and show the guy in sinc.

"You new at this?" Gibbs asks as he looks at the guys name tag "Denis?" He adds

"First week." The guy says. "NCIS? Never heard of it." He adds as he reads the paper. Caroline sighs annoyed. Tony shakes his head as he goes back to fooling with the bags.

"That's embarrassing." Gibbs says to Tony and Caroline who nod in agreement.

"NCIS anything like CSI?" The guy asks.

"Only if you're dyslexic." Tony says. Caroline shoots him a 'not the time' look. "Sorry." He mumbles. She nods and quickly helps him with the bags as Gibbs and the guy argue about how they go through. "I got it." Tony says pushing her hand away lightly.