Chapter 51: Growing Relationship

*A couple months after the proposal (should be around summer time) *
Zane pov

I didn't know what to do today. Kawaii~Chan and I were really bored. We were going over to Aphmaus house but apperently her and Aaron need "alone time". I saw her and Aaron walking Alexander and Celestia. They looked really happy. Even if it was really hot out today. They were sharing headphones, humming to the tune, blocking the rest of the world out.

I wondered if Kawaii~Chan and I would be like that one day. So in love that it was us vs the world. Just Kawaii~Chan and I...

What are we missing though? Do I need to be a dog dad?

"Zane~Kun. What are you thinking about?" Kawaii~Chan asked as her hand on my back stilled for a moment. But then continued to rub up and down.

"I wanna be a dad" I said in a monotone voice. Kawaii~Chan froze

"Right now???" She asked surprised

"Yeah. Soon"

"Uhhhhhhh like a baby??? Zane... we didn't get married yet... and we still didn't find a house... don't you think we're moving a little... fast?"

"No... I just thought we should start a family as soon as possible."

"Start a family..."

"Yea I always wanted a husky... but aph and Arron already have one so like-"

"OH YOU MEANT LIKE A PET?" she cut me off

"Yea... like a dog, or a cat... why? What did you think I meant?" I asked looking up at her

"Oh... nothing nothing. Yea Zane~Kun! A pet would be great! Kawaii~Chan never acually had a pet. But Kawaii~Chan loves animals, sometimes Kawaii~Chan would take in cats in the winter. But mama always told me to let them go once it got warm out."

Zane didn't speak for a minute and then his eyes widened like saucers. "oh mah gawd Nana I just realized what I said. Not a baby. No human babies at the moment thank you very much. Yea I want to be a dad but a dog dad..." He said laughing awkwardly

Kawaii~Chan giggles. " Let's make a family."

~~~

We ended up walking to the animal shelter. Kawaii~Chan said she volunteered before, so she knows some of the staff.

"Hi Kawaii~Chan! Here to volunteer again?"

"No Dottie, Kawaii~Chan just wanted to see the adorable animals again! Kawaii~Chan will volunteer soon! Kawaii~Chan promises" she said smiling

"No problem Kawaii~Chan! We love having you here with the animals. They always seem to take a liking to you. Come on, we just found a whole litter of strays a week ago." Dottie said walking to the back

There was a bunch of cats and dogs all in little fenced up areas. Some of them had many some of them only had one or two furry creatures in the pen.

"Awwww Zane~Kun!!! Look!" Kawaii~Chan said pointing at the pen of kittens.

"Oh... Kawaii~Chan! It's good to see you"

"Daniel!!! Are these the strays???" Kawaii~Chan asked opening the door to the pen

"They sure are!!! Look at them. Aren't they cuties?" Daniel said with a huge smile

Kawaii~Chan sat down and immediately one plopped itself on her lap. And she began petting its fur. The black and white kitten started to purr.

"Awww Zane!!! Come sit!" Kawaii~Chan said looking at the other kitties playing behind her.

I took a seat next to her. None of the kitties came up to me. But it was okay, I wasn't a big kitten fan anyway. Until this one kitten slowly came up to me. Her paw on my shoe. I looked down to see the cutest pair of grey eyes. My heart instantly melted. Zane! What are you doing? Getting soft over a dumb kitten? But I swear to Irene that this kitten would be the death of me, and to be honest at this point who cares.

The kitten was feeling more brave and clawed at my black skinny jeans. I had a small smile as I put my hand out for the pretty kitten to sniff. She was surprised at first and took a step back. But then slowly went back to my hand sniffing it lightly. My smile grew when I slowly stroked her head and she instantly closed her eyes. She moved closer to me and finally laid in my lap and started to purr.

"Wow you tamed the ice queen." Someone said and I looked up. It was Dottie

"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked kinda confused but I continued to lightly scratch the kittens ear

"That's the runt of the group. She doesn't really like anyone. Not even Daniel over here who's been sitting in the pen since we opened. Guess she's yours now" she jokes. Maybe I want her to be mine...

"Aww Zane~Kun!!! Can we keep her??? She looks so cuteeeeee!" Kawaii~Chan squealed. And I paused. Kawaii~Chan's smiled a little because I was actually considering getting the kitten.

"Where will she live though? Maybe we should wait until  we get settled in our new house..." I said

Kawaii~Chan sighed "yea I guess that makes sense Zane~Kun. Dottie... can we... uhh reserve her?" Kawaii~Chan asked

"Yea, I guess I can say she's already adopted. You guys better get your house quick though because you need to fill out the adoption form or technically she's up for grabs." She said

"Oh ok. Thanks so much Dottie" Kawaii~Chan said with a smile and got up.

I was going to get up too but then noticed the small kitten was now sleeping on my lap. I smiled falling in love with her small breaths. I slowly picked her up and laid her on a near by blanket.

Kawaii~Chan and I walked out of the animal shelter hand in hand with huge smiles on our faces.

~~~~~

I swear to Irene it's a miracle. I swear to Irene its fate.

We were just walking home, but Kawaii~Chan said she wanted to go another route back home to see the newly improved park they added recently to my street.

We were walking out of the park and turning the corner to go back to Kawaii~Chan's House. I was talking to Kawaii~Chan when suddenly Kawaii~Chan cried in pain. I looked up suddenly alarmed. Kawaii~Chan kicked a sign post. And on that sign post was HOUSES FOR SALE. New and improved my street avenue. CALL 169-169-6969 for more details.

Kawaii~Chan and I looked at each other and then back up to the beautiful houses that lined the newly paved streets. They weren't overly fancy, they did look similar to the ones on our street but each house looked a little different. No 2 houses were the same. Most houses had a drive way and a small front yard. All were two floors high.

We slowly walked down the block looking at each house. Until we stopped. And we knew this house was the one.
—————————————————————————
Ahhh hi guys! I'm already writing the next chapter so I'll try to dish out as many as I can before summer is over! Thanks for your guys patients. I love every single one of you who still follows this book. Remember to like comment and follow me for more!!! KitKat out (>人<;) nya