~Shichi~

8:38a.m., Room 769, Monday

Kaito awoke in a dark room, with his hands tied behind his back. He pulled at the ropes, all the while adjusting his eyes to the darkness.

"Hey!"

He yelled into the darkness. No one responded. Kaito knew he was alone in the room. He clicked his tongue and jumped up. He now could see the silhouette of most things in the room. Kaito took this into account when he decided to go ramming into the door, of which did nothing but cause him pain.

"Ugh! That hurt."

He said to himself as he sighed and fell to the floor. Suddenly, a girls voice came from his ear.

'Kuroba-kun? Are you hurt?'

"Nah, I'm fine. You find the room?"

'Yes, we tracked you to Room 769. We're waiting for an opportunity.'

"No. Ran-san, you can't do that just yet. We need to find Meitantei. That comes first no matter what happens to me."

'Alright. We'll do our best.'

Then the line disconnected and Kaito was left in silence.

Outside the room, the group of friends hid around the corner.

"So... we need to find Conan-kun before we save Kuroba-kun?"

Ran asked everyone, hoping for a response. However, before anyone COULD reply, a door opened and three men walked out.

"Hiraku, you take all the fun out of everything!"

"Rokurou... raping a high school student is not something to be called 'fun'."

"Especially if that student is a high school detective."

Aoi, Hiraku and Rokurou had entered the hallway and were standing in front of room 771. Ran moved out of their eyesight, along with everyone else. They listened carefully to everything those three said.

"Now what? We have Kaito KID now."

"I suggest we let the boy go."

Hiraku suggested to the other men, who both scoffed.

"Yeah sure. The boss will kill us if we do that. We'll have to kill him."

Ran gasped, but covered her mouth soon after. Hiraku turned his head slightly their direction, but ignored it. Aoi then crossed his arms and clicked his tongue.

"I wonder what the boss will do to KID. I mean, he looks like just a regular school boy. I can't believe someone like THAT is Kaito KID."

"Well, looks can be deceiving, don't forget. We mustn't let our guard down."

The three nodded as they then walked towards the elevators, and away from the group of 'heroes'. Subaru took the lead and approached room 771. He knocked and waited a couple seconds.

"No one's inside, we're good."

He then tried the door handle, but the door remained locked. Ran had taken room 770, and found that door locked too. Suddenly, Heiji walked up to room 771 and kicked the door open. Haibara, Heiji and Subaru entered as the rest remained outside of the room.

"Anything?"

Ran asked them from the hallway. Haibara searched the desk, Subaru searched the closets, and Heiji looked at the mirror in the bedroom.

"Guys, this mirror doesn't seem right."

Haibara and Subaru walked over to him and stared at the mirror as well. Suddenly, Heiji took out his phone, turned on the flashlight and shone it on the mirror. They gasped as the silhouette of a teenage male laying on the bed appeared. The figure slowly sat up and hesitantly approached the mirror, but stayed a few feet away.