Chapter 5. Woodys Beach Shack

The sun was setting on the small town with an orange tinge of light shining through the small gaps between the tall fence surrounding the property. The journey had been a good one so far, but it was only just beginning. Although the night out that Tess proposed sounded fun, Will was hoping that plans would change so that he could go for that early morning and make the most of the trip.

Quarter of an hour had gone by since Tess entered the tent to get changed and still no sign of her returning. Will on the other hand was ready within minutes after throwing on a sand coloured tee, some blue cuffed jeans and a pair of asphalt black street shoes. He had style and wore more of a casual outfit as he normally did, not being bothered to dress up too much but not willing to look dressed down either. Breaking his thoughts of the surf conditions tomorrow and scrolling through his social media feeds, Tess emerged from the tent neatly lit up by the soft lighting of the garden lights casting many shadows on her face enhancing her figure.

With both of them ready to head out they closed the gate behind them and walked down the dark alleyway towards the centre of the town. Their eyes had seemed to get used to the dimness where they walked, and everything now seemed to come to life and seem less creepy. The gates on either side of the pathway they were on at first seemed dangerous with big wild dogs and not a soul in sight now seemed to be teaming with fairy lights in people's backyards and dogs at every fence with tails wagging.

Nearing the bar they heard a strange sound of footsteps getting nearer causing both to be alarmed. They found the source of the noise, a young guy in his early 30s with shaggy hair, dashing down the street behind them just metres behind them. As he approached he ran straight through the middle of Tess and Will bumping into Will slightly causing him to stumble before catching his balance. As the strange guy kept running he turned his upper torso to the left and shouted "Sorry dude! Have a good one!" over his shoulder. Tess and Will both looked at each other in confusion before carrying on their walk towards the bar. Moments later we were at Woody's Surf Shack, our bar for the evening. We went inside and ordered two drinks at the bar.

"How's the trip so far?" Tess asked

"Yea its going pretty good so far, kinda cruisy" Replied Will

"I like it hey. It's so good to do something different you know? Get out and explore"

"True true, but I do miss waking up and surfing every morning" Will said with a cheeky expression

"The one time you can't go for a morning surf! Do you ever just chill" she said throwing her hands up and rolling her eyes

"I'm kidding I'm kidding!"

"You better be dude"

"Dude? You calling me dude now aye"

"Oh shush up" she said as she pushed Will and looked away to hide her rose blushing cheeks

There were a few moments silence while they watched the bar tv and sipped on their drinks when something sounded familiar. It was a voice they had heard but they couldn't tell where they knew it from then he appeared. It was the shaggy guy from the street they saw a 10 minutes earlier. They glanced over trying not to make it obvious they were staring. In the light his face was more textured with a medium thick beard and shoulder length hair. He was rather scruffy and wafted of alcohol, not the most pleasant-smelling person. Tess and Will both glanced at each other with similar expressions of disgust when the guy turned to them while grabbing his drink from the bar tender.

"Hey!! Look who it is. What you two doing here?" The stranger said

"Grabbing a drink haha...."

"Yea right... it is a bar. You having a good night out?"

"Yea we just going easy, gonna explore Byron see if theres any cool places to do some photos"

"You from out of town?"

"Yea about an hours drive away"

"Oh nice nice. Well good news and bad news... bad news is your not going to get too much rest tonight. Good news, because theres a super famous band playing tonight"

"really? What they called?"

"King Gizard and the Lizard Wizards"

"Sounds weird..... ive never heard of them dude"

"they are pretty big around here man. They touring the country and I got 3 tickets to tonights show"

"3?"

"Yea mate, was expecting Ricky and Jack to come but they were watching the footy, so uh they are all yours if you wanna come along"

"Yea sure why not! Not like we going surfing in the morning anyways" Tess piped up making a smirky face towards Will.

"Legendsssssss, lemme just down this one then we can roll"