Chapter 1

"Hurry move quickly and quietly, they should be coming in any time now" the leader of the squad whisper-shouts as his underlings move away after finishing the job. Grabbing everything so no evidence was kept in they all made it to the roofs above the city looking down at the 'amazing' work you were able to do. But as the squad was moving about a certain stayed behind to observe from that distance. A wave of color passes by the hidden figure to the called location.

   Most of the group left her behind but her only friend stayed close by in case of their leader coming back to be dragged back. The other was only watching a certain ninja who was the best in her eyes. He was the only one to catch her eyes as the color of life passes her.

   "Is everyone alright?" a strong familiar voice said gazing over the citizens who seem feared yet relieved to see the ninja. As he continues to speak to a small boy the sight of a string connected to his pinkie was in view. If you slowly follow it to the end it leads to the hidden figure. They were fated but couldn't know about each other's existence.

   "Come on we have to go, the leader is calling" the friend of the figure called out quietly. One last look of her soulmate she leaves quickly into the night and back to the darkness where she was born into it. Every time she could finally reach him, he somehow never noticed her.

   "You're late you pig," the leader said smacking her and seeing her light body go flying toward the alley wall. Someday she just knew it in her heart, he will save her and bring her into the light.

--------------------

   "You did it again didn't you, you disobeyed orders," her only friend said as he leans against the rail looking over at her as she looks down. "After I continuously told you not to, especially when I'm not around long enough. I can't always protect you."

   "Then stop holding your breath, I've told you millions of times to stop that. I'm old enough to protect myself and I don't need your help" the girl said glaring at the male who seemed tired. Taking in a breath the male thought it was best to leave her alone as she was a bomb ready to blow. Relaxing once the boy was gone she rested on her bed looking at her ceiling. She felt guilty always doing that to the only person willing to help her but she knew she was old enough to protect herself at some point.

    A small orange thing moved in her visions and it was making its way toward her bed. Reaching the bed and landing perfectly it nuzzles into her arm wanting attention. Looking at the creature it was staring at her with huge bright yellow eyes into her (E/c) eyes. Pulling the creature into her lap she strokes it's fur while it relaxed in her embrace. No words were spoken as the two enjoy each other's company and the slow breathing made them both fall asleep.

~LLOYD POV~

   Soulmates... that's actually something I never really had a talk about, like at all. Someday,  I will find my fated one all because of a string that is connected to my hand, one I see the sting I will know we're fated. As a child, I probably had thoughts of finding my soulmate but now at this point, what does it even matter?

     "Yo Twinkle Toes, snap out of it," Kai said slapping the back of my head, what the hell? I quickly turn around to turn to Kai with a pure hateful glare. Him now noticing it hasn't turned to look at me, yeah fear me. "Well, it worked out, didn't it? Now he's paying attention..."

    "That still didn't mean you had to hit him. All you could have done was be more civilized and call his name or something" Cole said, he acts like either the brother or a mother half the time so I can't tell. He looks at me again. "The whole gang is going into the city to relax for once, besides Jay. Do you want to come along?'