Sneak Peek:

This is currently a sneak peek at my story and I hope you guys like it! :) x3 If you do then I will fix it up but for now...this will help decide if you want to this story in full swing. :)

Here is a quote that represents my character:

"Wherever you go, go with all your heart"

~Confucius

I look towards the distance of the rising sun. All of what happened in very short months...

It was hard not to think about...

I was just a ordinary eighteen-year-old girl and was expected to marry and take care of the home while my husband would work and be independent...have freedoms that I could never have.

But now...I'm an assassin, a murderer of people...but to those who made us suffer while they enjoy luxuries. So now I have become what others know me as the Chinese Rose.

My mentor calls me that because I may be beautiful...but to the touch I'm like a thorn...silent but deadly.  At least that's what he told me anyway....

 "Is it too warm to wear that?" I heard a voice say. I sighed then turn around to see a young man around my age maybe a little older. He had black hair similar to mine but it's little lighter shade and was put up in a bun. 

He also had onyx-colored eyes and pale skin. He was wearing a cream-colored long shirt with black pants and wooden sandals. 

The young man comes and sits beside me.

"I don't understand you Dao...it is clearly cold outside before the sun is up" I replied. Then I fix up my cloak which is blackish gray with tints of crimson red especially on the ribbon tied on my waist. 

Dao laughed and shook his head. "I know it'll soon be time...to go into war" Dao said then looked at me. "And you are the one capable...to help end it".

"I know you're trying to flatter me...but I can't risk more than I can" I told him. Then I turned away and looked at my dagger that my father gave me...it had a silver blade with a bronze handle and a single jade in the middle.

He sighed and got up. "Longwei expected more from you...from the girl who wanted her own freedom and show what she can do" Dao said angrily. "Guess I was wrong".

As he was walking away, I yelled "Wait!". Then I heard him stop his movements "You need to promise me one thing and one thing only".

"I promise...you have my word" Dao replied. I got up and walked towards him. But I wasn't sure that I could trust him...even after all we've been through and he is like a older brother to me.

After the betrayal of Longwei's wife...it's hard to have trust in others. So I took a deep breath and looked into his dark eyes into my chocolate brown ones. 

"Once the war, the rebellion starts. You take my family to a safe place and I will do what you have requested for me to do..." I told him then I waited for a moment before I said anything else.

"So is it agreed?" I asked my hand out. Dao looked at me then at my hand then back at me again. He took my hand and shook my hand. "Agreed" he replied.

 I smiled which has been a while since I had a smile or felt happy. But even though I wasn't sure if I can trust my dear friend...I'm sure now that he will keep my family safe no matter what.

Then we heard someone yell "Dao! Come on and help us out!". Dao chuckled and shook his head "I have to go...see you later" he told me. 

I nodded then after a hug we shared...Dao walked off leaving me alone.

"Thank you" I whispered to myself. I turn around to look at the moment before the sun comes to be awake for a new day.  It was beautiful...colors of pink, red, orange, blue, and tints of green making a lovely painting the sky.

I felt the soft cool breeze and the breeze blew some of the cherryblossom petals off from the tree. 

And pretty soon...

A war will soon begin...a rebellion against our tyrant Emperor Liwang who abused our people...will soon be down to his knees and we the people will begin our own era...

My name is Ai Ling...daughter of Xiang and Mei-Yin Ling...and I'am the Chinese Rose!