Chapter 3

MERLIN'S POV
After the old woman disappeared everyone was in fear, but they soon headed back to their own lives, seemingly like they didn't just witness a woman evaporate into thin air, a little on edge myself, i entered the castle and noticed a guard staring at me intently, strolled up to the seemingly sinister guard preparing myself to ask where to go.
'Where would i find Gaius, the- the court physician?'

He points to a small corridor and i quickly headed down, it lead to a old rotten door, knocking cautiously i peeked round to see an amazingly full room, potions and remedies scattered across the tabletops.
'Hello?'
i wander inside, a small bed fitted perfectly into a small corner of the room, another rotten door close by. I noticed an old man standing on a kind of balcony with the wall covered in books.
'Hello, Gaius?' i say as i clear my throat, 

He trips backwards.

The railing snaps. 

Splinters fly.  

I jump into action, my eyes suddenly shimmer with gold, time slows before me as my eyes quickly glide the small bed across the room, 

Thinking nothing of it i start to head over, 
'What did you just do?' i couldn't tell if he was angry or shocked, i stared back in confusion, letting out a small nervous laugh. 'Tell me!' He yelled in response to my confusion. 

'I- i- i have no idea what happened.'i quickly say, faking confusion.
'If anyone had seen that..' he drifted off seemingly unable to finish his sentence.
'Er, no! That- that was, that was nothing to do with me, That- that was...' 
'I know what it was! I just want to know where you learned how to do it!' He approached, cutting me off.'

'Nowhere.'
'So how do you know magic?'
'I don't.'
'Where did you study?... Answer me!' Gaius seemed to be getting angrier and more serious by the second.

'I- I've never studied magic or, or been taught.' I came back at him,
'Are you lying to me, boy?'
'What do you want me to say?' i replied
'The truth!' He states,
'I was born like this!' I responded, starting to have enough of this repetitive conversation,
'That's impossible! only one other... (Y/N)...' He mutters until... 'Wait who are you?'

'Oh, umm.' I stutter pulling off my old starting-to-rip leather backpack, 'i... I have a letter.' I say embellishing a crumpled letter from under my worn blanket and handing to to him, quickly waving it off he states,
'i, I don't have my glasses.'
'i'm Merlin.' I sigh with relief glad the previous intense chat was finally over.
'Hunith's son?' he smiles with realisation,
'yes!' I smile back,
'but your not meant to be here till Wednesday?' Gaius questions slyly...
'It is Wednesday...'
'He pauses for a moment, 'Ah' agonising silence follows for a few seconds before, 'right then, you better put your bag in there.' he motioned behind him to the old door I noticed when I first walked in.

Walking forwards I start to build up speed before realising, spinning to face Gaius I wave to the splinterey wood fence Gaius fell from,
'You... You won't, say anything about erm...' He cuts me off a few awkward moments after I finish erm-ing.
'No'
I nod slowly before heading to the door,
'Although, Merlin?'
I spin round to face him once again,
'I should say thank you.' a smile starts to creep into his seemingly always serious face.
I carry on once again, noticing him look at the disaster zone that was once a balcony.