Chapter 1- The Abuse

"Lyla!" I heard my name being called as I quickly hide underneath my bed, trying to stay as quiet as I can. "Where the hell are you, you worthless piece of shit!" my father yelled as I hear him stumble up the steps. "Great," I thought, "he's drunk."

He kicked open my bedroom door and stumbles inside with a bottle of vodka in his right hand. "I told you to fix dinner by the time I get back from work, so where the hell are you hiding now?" he growled as he tear into my closet. I stayed quiet as I hide underneath my bed, hoping he wouldn't find me. I watched my father walked closer to my bed, mumbling something I couldn't hear, leaving my clothes scattered across the floor.

I hear my bed creaked as he sat down, soon after the bottle of vodka dropped from his hand and rolled across the floor empty, and his snoring came after. "Damn bastard drunk himself to sleep." I whispered to myself as I quietly crawled from underneath my bed.

I was only halfway out from underneath my bed when a hand grabed me by my hair. I screamed as I was being pulled and thrown hard across the floor, my father picked up the empty bottle and before I could say anything he began beating me till I couldn't move.

After the harsh beating, I crawled down the stairs and into the kitchen to fix food for my father. As I set the table, my father was sitting in the living room watching his game. "D-Dinner is ready." I said slowly and hesitant. He turned and glared at me as if I had done something wrong. He stood up and shoved me aside as he sat and ate his food.

As he ate, I limped up stairs. "Where do you think you're going?" I turned around to find my father standing at the foot of the steps, glaring at me with a belt in his hand. Thus leaving me another night of brutal beatings and screaming.