Exponents- Chapter 20

Chapter  20-

Easter

For the holidays, Mrs. Weasley insisted that I stay at The Burrow. George was pretty sure that she would come to Hogwarts and drag me there if I said no. Usually, I would go visit my dad. But recent events made this not possible.

Right now, I was sitting in a compartment with Fred and George, who were happily eating chocolate eggs. Fred had offered me one, but I knew that he was hoping I'd say no. You could just see it in his eyes.

"Oh look, we're here." George pointed out. We quickly gathered all of our belongings, and headed out the door. Mrs. Weasley had requested of me to apparate the twins home.

But before we apparated, I looked over at the place were my dad used to wait for me. He'd always stand there, holding some sort of treat to give me. I'd be holding a chocolate egg in my hand right now, if he was still here.

"Any day now, Arielle." George says. Fred smacks him in the head.

"Fred, be nice."

We apparated right outside the burrow. Mrs. Weasley came out to greet us.

"Oh, good you made it home alright!" She gave us all hugs.

"There's food on the table, boys." Fred and George ran inside. Mrs. Weasley looked over at me.

"How are you Arielle?" She asks.

"I'm fine."

"You seem a bit down."

"Mrs. Weasley, it's okay. I'm fine, really." She nods.

"That's good. Oh! A little bird told me about you and Fred." My face turned scarlett, "It's about time, too."

Thankfully we walked inside to eat, and the awkwardness ended. She had made her delicious soup, which is my favorite.

"This looks yummy." I say as I sit down next to Fred.

"It is." Fred says. His bowl is almost empty.

"So, Arielle. How are the tasks?" Mr. Weasley asks as he sits down.

"Complicated. I didn't even know what I was suppose to be searching for in the last one."

"But it was me." Fred added.

"That was a surprise seeing you, Ron, and Hermione underwater, sleeping."

"It was a nice surprise, wasn't it?" Fred asks.

"Not really. I was hoping to be searching for a hairbrush or something."

"Come on. You know it was nice having me there."

"When we were swimming back you complained like a three year old."

"No I wasn't."

"The water's cold!" I mocked. George snorted.

Percy walked in at that exact moment.

"Hello. I didn't know you guys were back." He said. We just smiled.

"Oh, and dad, I need to talk to you about an essay I'm writing for Mr. Crouch." Fred and I looked at each other. He grabbed my hand, and we quietly sneaked outside.

"I don't think I could have handled Percy going on for hours." Fred says.

"Me neither. I like Percy, but he can be quite boring." We both sat down on the grass.

"So." He says.

"So." I say. He pushes a strand of hair off my face, and leands in to kiss me.

That's what happens when you don't have anything to talk about. You end up snogging. Until Percy comes outside too.