Starco One-Shots: 1

Title: The Water Fountain

Marco's POV:

I woke up feeling as happy as always since I started dating Jackie.

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes as I sat up then suddenly heard my phone vibrate.

I stood up and went to my nightstand, picking up my phone. It was a text from Jackie.

Jackie: Hey can we meet at the water fountain at the park in ten?

Me: Sure. I'll be there.

With a smile on my face, I put my phone down and headed towards the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth and changed out of my pajamas and but in my usual clothes- white tee, red hoodie, and my brown tennis shoes. Then I combed my hair perfectly and squirted some perfume on.

I walked downstairs and saw it was empty and it was quiet, I assume Star is still asleep.

I grabbed a granola bar and left her a note saying I would be back soon. Then in walked out and headed towards the park.

Once I was  there I saw Jackie waiting there beside the water fountain tapping her foot impatiently. I smiled and threw my granola wrapper away then headed towards her.

"Hey Jackie." I greeted her. She turned to look at me with a small smile in her face. "Hey Marco."

She didn't sound as happy as usual, so I knew something wasen't right.

"Is something wrong?" I asked worriedly. She looked down and released a sigh.

"Uh actually Marco...  I don't think I can do this anymore." She said. I instantly lost the smile and scrunched up my face in confusion. "What do you mean?" I asked.

She looked up at me, "I just don't feel like we're meant to be together. I don't feel a spark." She told me. I suddenly froze.
"Are you- are you-" I couldn't finish the sentence.

She nodded with her eyes closed, "Yes Marco. I'm breaking up with you. Sorry." She apologized. I couldn't move, I felt paralyzed in the spot. I felt tears in my eyes but shook up away, I wasen't going to let her see her effect on me.

"Uh... It's fine." I lied, but I guess she believed it because she smiled. "Really? Thank you Marco." She gave me a small hug, which I didn't give back.

"Well," she broke away, "See you later." She waved and started walking away.

I stood there for a minute, thinking about what just happened. I felt tears in my eyes again.

I put my hoodie up and my hands in my pockets and started walking back to the house.

Once I got there I opened the door and slammed it shut.

"Hey Marco!" Star greeted cheerfully from the kitchen. I ignored her and made my way to my room.

I slammed the door to my room shut and faced planted on my bed.

"Uggghhh" I exasperated, then I finally did it.

I let the tears out.

I cried and cried as I hugged the pillow close to my chest.

"Marco." A sweet, tender voice said followed by a knock. I didn't say anything just continued to silently cry.

I heard the door know turn then the door open. I didn't bother to say anything.

"Hey Marco, don't cry." Star gently caressed my cheek.

I slowly started to stop the tears and sat up and when I did she instantly hugged me.

I was slightly surprised but the recovered and slowly but my arms around her in a hug.

"You don't have to talk about it now." She whispered. I hugged her tighter as a thank you, I really didn't want to talk about it now.

I realized that, even though I sobbed and sobbed. I thought I would be worse.

And luckily I have my best friend to always be by my side.

I have Star with me.

^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•

Decided to start some one-shots on my favorite ship!

Hopefully you liked this even though it probably was a bit crappy.

Nothing much to say, so bye.