ONE.

(  the beginning of the end  )

( the beginning of the end )

THE LOUD KNOCKING on the door caused Amara to jump at the sudden noise. She hastily fumbled with the book in her hand as she stumbled up from her couch to answer the door. Outside stood the mailman, a smile on his face as she opened the door. "I have a letter for you." He said like he had repeated those words thousands of times today. Amara looked down at his outstretched hand, and at the letter he said was for her. "Oh?" She stammered out, confused as to why the person couldn't have just texted her instead. "Erm, thank you?"

  Amara gently took the letter from the mailman's hand, giving him a small smile as he turned around to leave. She inspected the envelope, staring at the small blue wax seal that kept it closed. She glanced back up, and the mailman had seemingly disappeared. She shrugged and twisted her body to turn back into her house, already wanting to know what was so important.

  Carefully ripping the wax seal, she opened the letter, turning it around in her hands a few times to inspect it better. She noticed at the top of the letter, the initials 'JG' were monogrammed. She tilted her head slightly, before starting to read.

My friends,
I'm going on an extraordinary adventure, and I am in need of your help, and so are countless of others. This is not an invitation to a ball or dinner party. It is an invitation to embark on a dangerous mission.
It may sound impossible, but there is a town stuck in the 1970's, and very soon everyone in it will be dead unless we do something about it. There's a dark séance that will take us back in time, but for it to work, you much choose a personality reminiscent of that era, and dress like them.
Remember, nothing from the modern world can come with you. The people of Everlock will know their role and their place, but you will be operating without any knowledge or understanding of what's to come. This Friday the 13th, the doorway to Everlock will be open, and we will only have that night to complete our mission.

— Joey.

"Wait, do I have to?" The words came out of her mouth before she even realized, and she quickly shut her mouth before she said anything else.

  There seemed to be millions of thoughts and feelings coursing through Amara's head, but the confusion of the whole situation seemed to stand out more than the fear, and the feeling of wanting to just throw the letter away.

  Joey? Wait. Joey. JG. As in Joey Graceffa. As in Joey "who's been missing for months now" Graceffa? The last time Amara Flores saw Joey Graceffa was at another YouTuber's birthday party last year, where he had promised to make another collab with her in the upcoming month, but that never happened, seeing as when the time came around, he went missing.