Original Stuff #3: The Night Queen

Nobody reads my shit but whatever. Also FINALLY HAVE TITLES.
___

If you look through the streets of Glenpool in the daytime, you could fool yourself that everything was normal. Children play in puddles that form on the streets after the morning rain shower. Men and women go about their day, working, keeping themselves busy. As a distraction from the fact they are one of the few normal towns left on the planet.

At nighttime, everything goes silent. People shut themselves in their homes as dusk creeps in the sky like dark dye in water. The stars glitter beautifully, but no one dares stay out to look at them.

They all know what the night can do.

The Night Queen is not an actual queen. She is not a king's daughter who inherited this place. She is a witch. She is dressed in the colours of twilight, with a cloak that flies as she walks and casts. Her hair is a dark brown, her eyes like steel. From the neck down, only slightly visible under her dress and robes, tattoos of the stars and strange shapes. Black like little holes and lines of nothing pattern her skin. No one has seen the purpose of them and lived.

The queen is terrifying. She is powerful. Her curses, a death knell for whoever was unfortunate enough to anger or challenge her that night.

Why does she terroise the people?

Why does no one leave?

The answers?

No one knows why she is the way she is, and they can't leave. They would rather live under the heel of a cold witch than dare venture outside their gates. The wastelands out there would kill them a lot faster. And besides, it would be less frightening knowing why you were going to die. Because no one knows why or how the world became like this. The events that unleashed the Frost will probably never be known.

Except by the Night Queen.

The footsteps echoed through the castle as she glided down the corridors.

"Do you have it this time?" she barked.

"O-Of course, milady." a white stoat stuttered at her feet. "We spent weeks in that ruin-"

"Flagg, do I look like I care?! I just don't want another fake!" Evanora snapped. The stout, Flagg, yowled as he was knocked aside by the witch running to the end of the corridor and into a room that was painted gold. On a wooden oak desk, lay a small silver box.

"So you actually got it."

"Y-Yes, milady..." Flagg skittered inside and jumped onto the desk as Evanora opened the box. She saw exactly what she wanted to see. Flagg tried to look calm. "E-Eight guardians, all dead. The Frost got them before we even reached the door..."

"That blasted dragon... damn him to the depths of the darkest hell..." Evanora cursed more under her breath. Then she took out the contents of the box. "The secret all the gods of all cultures, even the Lord himself, needed to hide. No deadly sin, no horseman, no virtue could match up to the strength of these..." she held out the deck of painted cards, with every ancient language on the sides and the back of each one. Then, at the very bottom of the box was a small case. It popped open to reveal a small metal rod, with silver detailing and a piece of unpolished ruby on the bottom. A wand.

"Are you sure this will give you the answer?" Flagg stretched.

"Watch, you fool." Evanora took one card and picked up the wand. She muttered something in a strange language, reading it off the card.

Then she thrust the wand forward, and a fork of lightning flashed against the sky, making Flagg duck for cover, screeching.

"This wand and that card deck changes everything. No angel, no demon, no human, aliad or dragon will stop me." the witch looked out of the tall wide window into the night sky.

"But how will lightning help you find your- YOWCH!"

Flagg scrambled into a corner as Evanora screamed angry words. A smoking black smudge was on the floor now.

"You know not to speak of them!" the queen thundered.

"Y-Y-Yes milady..."

Evanora stormed out, taking the magic items with her.
___

ZakkuIsJustTrash this is partially an insight into Willow's future.