Chapter 1

(Max's POV)

It's been eight years since Nikki and Neil came to Camp Campbell, and ever since we've been keeping in touch with each other. I was adopted by David and Gwen, Nikki's mom married Neil's dad, and now Nikki and Neil are brother and sister. We've kept in touch with the other campers too, and since I don't really have any other friends, we've all decided to apply to the same college. It's been two months since classes started. I put on my blue hoodie walked out of my room to the small living room Neil and I shared. 

"Good morning Max" Neil said. "I need coffee" I muttered. I walked to the small cabinet to get the coffee beans, only to find that we were out of coffee beans. " Goddammit! we're out of coffee!" " Why don't you go to the Big Bean? It's close and Nikki works there" Neil suggested. "Fine, I'll go" I replied. "I think I'll go as well" Neil added. We both walked out of our dorm and walked to the coffee shop that was near our dormitory. As soon as I opened the door, I saw Nikki behind the counter. She had her teal hair in a ponytail which made her look pretty cu- why did I think that?! 

" Hey Max! Hey Neil! Nice to see you guys here!" Nikki said. " Nice to see you too" I replied. " What would you guys like?" Nikki asked. " I'll have a black coffee" I said. " And I'll have an iced-tea" Neil said. Just as I was about to pay for the two of us, Nikki stopped my hand with hers. My face felt hot for a second. " Don't worry, it's on the house, you two are my best friends, so you don't have to pay me" Nikki said. " Are you sure Nikki?" I asked. "Yep" she replied, and gave us our drinks. Neil and I left the shop waving Nikki goodbye. Why did my face heat up for a second when Nikki's hand touched my hand? Why did I suddenly start thinking about her? 

~Time skip cause I'm lazy~

Through all my classes, I couldn't stop thinking about Nikki. What the hell is wrong with me?