New Life (Chai)

For the lovely aoiartz x

The woman gripped and tensed her body, and stared at the squirming and crying child an ANBU and a blue haired girl were holding, she reached her arm out to hold her son, Chai stepped back holding the child, she had accompanied the woman as she went through a 7 hour labour, it had to be quiet, they were trying escort the kidnapped woman, not realising she was pregnant, they couldn't go back, they took her to a distant hut and began to deliver the baby. Chai cut the umbilical chord with her kunai, "congratulations miss, it's a boy" she said calmly, as the child continued crying, Chai took of her coat and wrapped it around the newborn.

Her eyes were captivated on the wailing baby boy, she looked over at his mother, who was laying there eyes half closed, not blinking. "No, no no" she heard the ANBU woman say, as she came over and checked her pulse. Chai could tell by the silence that fell through the room that the infant had just lost his mother, after being alive for 3 minutes.

'I didn't even let her hold him. Her own son'

The ANBU stared at the screaming child, silence fell upon her and Chai, the baby was going bright red and flailing its chubby arms around and gripping onto anything he could hold, then went on to take away the mother's body, and tell her group that the mission had failed.

Chai held out her finger, he took no notice, and continued grabbing onto her clothes and wailing. Chai gently poked the child's face, he sniffles and looked up and Chai, with his eyes the exact same as hers, she felt drawn to him, and his tiny red nose.

The newborn made a noise somewhere between a yawn and a coo as he looked up at the blue haired girl staring back down at him, their matching orange eyes not leaving each others, the orange must've come from his fathers, who had likely been killed when they infiltrated the base.

She took a deep breath and smiled at the boy, "hello little one, my names-."

She had the urge to say mom, hello little one, I'm your mom.

"Chai, my names Chai.. welcome to the world" she said fondly, the boy kept looking at her and sighed, he almost seemed like he understood.

'Impossible. He's not even 1 hour old' she thought to herself. But she felt like she belonged around him.

"We need to find him an adoption home. ASAP." The ANBU said, moving her mask so she could see her face and how serious she was being.

Chai looked at the child once more. And his matching eyes. His black hair which will likely grow lighter, she couldn't deny she wanted a child. But had no one to have one with.

The boy cooed at her, it seemed he was already sired, as she was the first person he ever saw. She didn't care about not having a boyfriend. Because she felt like she could love someone, but not like the way a mother loved a child. She wanted to love someone more than her self and be willing to give everything to this one small being. Maybe this child could be it. Maybe she could be the mother of this child. She was 20. She knew she was young but Sakura was already pregnant, (A/N sorry if she wasn't idk c:), she could feed and nurse this child, be with him for his first word, first steps, his first crush, girl or boy, his first partner, teaching him clan jutsus, his first day at the academy, his graduation. She had so many things to see.

She imagined waving him off on his first day after he puts his backpack on, he would embarrassedly kiss her on her cheek because he didn't want his friends to see and run off, but turn around and wave before he gets to the door and smile at her dorkily and run inside just as the bell goes.

In that moment Chai decided: she would be the mother of this child.

"He can stay with me" she said quickly, the ANBU stopped and looked at her
"Chai. That's a big responsibility"
"I know it is but I'm ready for it." She said, looking down at her new 'son'.
The ANBU looked down and sighed. Who was she to judge Chai's decisions? "Then ok. When we get home you fill out the paperwork. Understood?" The woman said.

Chai grinned at the beautiful baby she was holding "Hello little one, I'm your mom"

~~~

Request still open xx
Instagram: lilenzoh