Make it Stop

I didn't get far in teaching Lela how to surf. She fell off four times and still managed to get back on. Her hair was dry each time she came out of the water, which wasn't anything new.

Both of us hungry as all hell, we decided to go get some food at Big Momma's. Lela paused at the entryway for a moment, looking nervous. I didn't blame her one bit, as this was where both bikers and surfers hung out. In other words, everyone she knew would be here.

"It's okay." I reassured her, squeezing her hand.

The biker haired girl nodded and walked inside, never letting go of my hand. And sure enough, Lela's brother Butchy was inside talking to the rest of the biker crew.

"Lela!" Butchy called out, walking over to the two of us, "I need you's to esplain', sis. W-what are you tryna pull with us? They's guys, they's sayin' you and Mack are together." He stared at her, wanting to hear. I looked at Lela, who was taking in very heavy breaths.

I turned my focus to Butchy, "That's right, we're together."

Lela's brother gaped at us, "You's, you's gots to be kiddin'."

I squeezed her hand than lifted her arm up to my lips, placing a soft kiss on my girlfriend's knuckles.

Butchy backed away in shock, snapped his fingers, and the rest of the biker crew walked out the door with him. I grabbed a table near the front and frowned, "I'm sorry. If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't have lost any friends..." I sighed, "Maybe I'm just not good enough for you, Lae. I mean, look at me? I'll never be as beautiful as you are." A single tear fell onto the table, "Just being with me has cost you so many people you love."

"Mack?" Lela said, grabbing both my hands, "You are an amazing person, and I couldn't think of anyone better to be with." Lela hesitated for a few seconds, "I love you, Mackenzie."

I nearly choked on my own spit.

"R-Really?"

Lela nodded, leaned over the table, and kissed me on the lips.

"Do you love me?"

"I...I'm not sure, Lae. Even if I was sure I wouldn't know how to see it. I'm horrible at saying stuff like that."

The biker girl nodded, understanding, "But you do like me, right?"

"Of course, I do, Lela."

"Mack!"

I groaned, leaning my head in my palms when I heard Brady's voice. He grabbed my wrist and dragged me out of the restaurant and away from Lela (for the second time so far).

"What?"

"You need to stop hanging out with Lela." He ordered, "You're jeopardizing the entire movie."

"What are you talking about? Everything's fine."

"Oh, really? Because for that storm to happen, Lela and Tanner have to reunite the surfers and bikers to work together to defeat the Diabolical Weather Machine." He pointed out, "And how is that supposed to happen when you-"

"-When I'm with her." I began to cry again, "She needs to be with Tanner. I have to break up with her."

Brady smiled. He was clearly happy with the circumstances, but I wasn't.

"So, that means we're going to date?"

I punched him in the gut, "In your dreams, Frat Boy."

He heaved for air and buckled over, slowly crawling after me.

I sat down on a log by the ocean, my face wet with tears. Brady painfully moved over and sat next to me, "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?" I stared at him in disbelief. My eyes were pink and puffy from all the crying, "Are you that stupid Brady? I really liked this girl, even if she was from a different world. I... I loved her, and I was too much of a wimp to tell her." I shot a glare this way, "And now I have to break up with her to get this dumb timeline back on track."

Brady rubbed my back, but I forcefully nudged it away.

"Is that why you didn't tell me you loved me?"

"No. I didn't tell you because I didn't love you. I just wanted to believe I did." I confessed, "Now, c'mon, let's go get Tanner."

But on the way, I tripped over a rock and fell into the ocean. I glared at Brady, but then noticed something, "Hair, hair!"

"Hair?"

I stuck my head into the water and then pulled it out, feeling my pigtails- which were totally dry.

"Your hair isn't wet."

"My hair isn't wet!"

"Well, what does that mean?"

"It means that my hair isn't wet!" I walked out of the water, "We're morphing into the movie!"

He gasped and grabbed my hands, dragging me away from the beach. But as we ran, neither of us noticed the raven-haired girl standing a couple ways back from us, shocked at what she had just heard.