Part 3: Encounter

Turbo had been sitting in that damn mountain for what seemed like a year before a new Arcade game was installed. When they finally wheeled in the game, Turbo was ecstatic.

     "Finally! A few fresh faces!" he said as he squinted through the screen at the new machine. The Workers plugged it into Game Central Station as the Players gathered around to check out the new game.

      Turbo couldn't see the side of the console from where he was (hiding behind a booth next to the race track--a risky adventure, but thrilling nonetheless) but he heard the Worker explain to the Players that it was a brand-new game made by an American game designer and a Japanese developer/distributor. Turbo listened carefully as he went on to say, "The game has to be configured; apparently, it needs at least six hours to configure itself, or so the designer says."

     Now Turbo was more curious than focused. Forget the plan! What kind of game takes all night to... "Configure itself"? This was a new idea for Turbo, and he couldn't figure out what it meant.  He was part of a retro game, after all, and the Retro Era was... Less developed, to say the least.

     While Turbo was scratching his head, trying to figure out what it meant, he heard loud thumping footprints and the sound of a familiar little girl's laughter.

      "Ralph! I can't believe you would drag me all the way out here--! OH! A NEW GAME!"

      Turbo nearly knocked over the stand as he dove beneath it in a hurry, not wanting to be seen.  From under the runner, he could see two pairs of feet before him: Ralph's and Vanellope's.

     He heard Ralph's voice.

     "Yeah, they placed it right next to Fix-It-Felix!"

      "Really? You have new neighbors! I hope they're nice!"

       Ralph laughed. "I think the girl on the side would get along with you very well!" he said. Turbo scowled, unable to see the screen at all. He then realized something and smiled. Now, a real plan was forming! There would have to be a lot of digging--!

     SLAM! Something nearly knocked the stand over. In a panic, Turbo launched himself out from under the stand (In the opposite direction of his enemies, of course) and scrambled to his feet. He heard Vanellope's voice.

     "Ouch! Ralph!"

     Ralph laughed nervously. "Sorry! Sometimes I forget my own strength!"

      Turbo figured getting back to base was the first priority, and so slunk away in the shadows...