Butterfly

__________________________

'Chapter 1 - Butterfly'
________________________

"You're just like a Butterfly
From afar, I steal glances; if we touch hands, will I lose you?"

New day. Early morning.

Namjoon got up, washed and started dressing. He dressed in a formal suit and adjusted his tie. He styled his hair not too messily, not too neatly - just perfectly, the perfect style that shapes his tan face nicely.

As he stared at his reflection in the mirror, his eyes shifted near the side of the mirror - focusing on something behind him. He turned his head and faced that direction, letting out a sigh.

This was his habit. He kept doing this out of habit, something he used to do daily and still he's not used to his new situation.

He took off his tie and threw it on the drawers in front of him. Namjoon then changed into more casual clothes and folded his work clothes neatly and nicely, soon placing them back in his closet.

After doing that, he strolled over to the white armchair in the corner of the room and sat down. Picking up the book from the table nearby, he leaned back and tried to calm down. It was way too early to do anything, so he just read. He loved reading. Namjoon could read all day long for the years left to come.

Everything was peaceful and silent...

...until a pretty loud whimper could be heard. A pretty loud cry interrupted everything - the peace, the quiet.

Namjoon shut the book closed and threw it to the seat, as he was standing up. He rushed over to his bed and sat down, beginning to caress the little one's soft features.

Sofia.

That cry belonged to Sofia.

The tiny little human, dressed in a yellow baby onesie, let out many muffled sounds that one could say they were unrecognisable, despite the fact that it's the only way the baby can communicate.

She is one precious child, that Namjoon gazed at with a bunch of love and happiness in his eyes. Sofia was trying to chew on her tiny, delicate hands that were each protected by a soft, white baby glove.

"Hello Sofia...how are you? Are you hungry, my lovely?"

And with that, Namjoon took her gently in his arms and carried her to the kitchen.

"Ahh...you want some milk, baby? Yes~"

Holding her with one arm, he tried to do the rest with the other: picking out a baby bottle, measuring out the perfect powder milk to water ratio, and heating up the milk to the perfect temperature. It seems simple but everything requires a bit of work.

Thought of succeeding hitting his head, he held out the final product and fed the baby with it, praying that the baby is alright with Namjoon's hard work. After Sofia sucked on the bottle numerous times and drank the milk away happily, it was obvious that he succeeded and so Namjoon mentally celebrated.

When Namjoon was done feeding her, he placed Sofia gently on her baby basket where she was just smiling and mumbling cute little sounds.

However, watching her from afar made horrible memories float back to his mind.

~Flashback~

"HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO LIVE LIKE THIS?! HUH?! YOU NEVER TREAT ME RIGHT!"

"What do you mean? I've always tried my best..." Namjoon said almost in a whisper.

"REALLY? THEN WHY AM I UNHAPPY? WHY CAN'T I EVEN BREATHE AROUND YOU?"

"But- But I...I supported you every time you had a hard time...I-I cared for you..."

"You really think you supported me enough?! Nah! You really think you actually cared for or about me me? I DON'T THINK SO!"

"W-why are you like this? W-what do you want me to do?" he sniffled, falling on his knees.

"You know what? NOTHING! I don't care anymore! I don't wanna live around someone like YOU! Someone so careless, someone that can hurt anyone..."

"What are you talking about? I've never once hurt you..." Namjoon muttered looking up at her, bringing tears to his eyes.

"I don't care anymore...I'm not staying with YOU!" she yelled, while Namjoon glanced across the room to the confused little baby wailing in her basket. He cried along with her.

"Keep the baby! Take her and get out of MY HOUSE! Actually, I AM leaving...there's too many dreadful memories that I'll have to endure here!" And with that, she grabbed her suitcase and exited the house.

"I-I...loved you..." he whispered knowing she has already left, leaving him behind.

~End of Flashback~

It's crazy to think that all the madness happened only a while ago. Since then, many things have changed: Namjoon has stopped going to work to earn money to support and care for his family, he now has to do everything and anything to support his small family of 2.

It doesn't seem like a lot, but Namjoon is afraid of every little thing that can harm Sofia. Sofia is delicate and special.

She is his butterfly.

________________________________________________________________________

A/N: SURPRISE! Hello and welcome to my very first chapter of 'Single Daddy'! I (j)hope you liked this beginning and will continue to follow along with the storyline. It is probably my most recent idea so far which I really grew to like, so I hope you will too.

Please support this ff like you have done with my first one and be sure to vote, comment and share!