7 months

__________________________

'Chapter 6 - 7 months'
________________________

"Inside my memories, I become young again"

A grey car parked right outside the area of the crèche. Namjoon exited the vehicle, feeling well and good - also in a very calm state.

~Flashback~

The building in front of him seemed familiar. Even more than that - it was like a second home to him. Well, that was before he disappeared on a hiatus.

Namjoon stepped inside the tall building where he used to work. He received waves, smiles and a few greetings from fellow coworkers or acquaintances. Walking further inside, he was then reunited with his old boss, shaking hands as they found themselves face to face.

"Hello, sir, long time no see..."

"Namjoon, hi! Yes, indeed, it's been a while and we missed you right here! How is everything?" his boss asked, rather energetic and shocked to see him.

"It's fine...well slightly complicated but yeah, I've been taking care of my daughter - she's around 7 months now!"

"Wow, that's great! Uhh...so I assume you've come back to work, then?"

Namjoon nodded in response.

"Well...you can come back to your original position, BUT there's a few IT positions left and I heard you're pretty good at things regarding that...and also the salary is much higher. Try that and it'll be easier to save money, support your family-"

"No way! Really?! You're offering me THAT?" Namjoon couldn't believe the said news and wouldn't stop smiling. "Thank you! Thank you very very much!" He shook his boss' hand as he kept bowing.

"No problem. Let me show you to the new office."

~End of Flashback~

He released a sigh of relief and proceeded to make his way in.

Namjoon was then greeted by that same receptionist and she gestured him to make his way towards the main area. He replied with a warm smile and did as he was told.

Walking through the hallway of walls painted in various vibrant colours with cute little drawings hung up made him think of his childhood - how he'd always draw and paint for his mother to see, only to make her feel so proud and happy. That warmed his heart and encouraged him with everything. Namjoon clearly knew that being a single mother was tough for her. Namjoon clearly knew that losing his father at a young age was tough - his father was gentle and kind; he never deserved an end just like that. His mother suffered. He suffered. It's all in the past now.

Namjoon's beautiful mother always wished the best for Namjoon - for him to have an euphoric and successful life ahead of him. His life wasn't necessarily horrible at the moment, but it was tough. Although, he'd never trade Sofia for anything. It could be millions of dollars, fancy cars, huge properties, a healthier relationship, or all of those combined, but nothing could ever replace Sofia, his butterfly.

And so he strolled and strolled until he has reached the room: Crèche, it read. He entered and immediately eyed a small child playing with a plush toy while a woman read to her.

He waved at a woman, whose attention was captured by Namjoon, and she instantly rushed to get the baby ready to leave. Sofia was puzzled. All that until she finally glanced at her dad, who was brightly smiling at her, and wanted to do all possible to reach him. She wished she could fly, run and walk. She wished she could scream for him at the top of her lungs. She truly loved her father, and seeing him made her a million times happier.

Sofia was then given back to her father by a friendly blonde woman, and they left...Sofia excited to return tomorrow.

~

They reached the parked car. Namjoon took a minute to exhale, look around, look at the sky and then down at Sofia.

*Woah...I cannot believe it's been 7 months already. Just 7 months and you're still continuing to grow.*

________________________________________________________________________

A/N: So it's been a while since I've updated - this and MCB, and I feel so bad!!! I'm sorry. I've been busy, cursed with writer's block and unmotivated to write at all.

This chapter was kinda bad and boring, so I'm sorry. But don't worry, things are supposed to get better as we progress...this is just a cute fluffy build-up, and stuff will then become interesting.

Until next time y'all!