CROSSINGS (Me, you and HIM)

CROSSINGS

(New Beginnings)

Chapter One: A Night to Remember

"If you will not go outside this room, you'll be an OLD MAID FOREVER," Hyoni Willard shouted as she entered the room. She sat next to Taylor, marveling at how perfect everything about her friend. Her French manicured nails, subtly applied Chanel mascara, eye shadow and lip gloss, the square Cartier diamond studs in her ears paired with her ring and pink Tiffany headband. Her best friend is PERFECT like HER and that makes them an awesome pair.

Taylor tried to reach the bottle of Cristal champagne near her bedside table draped in white velvet cloth but Katie suddenly snatched it away from her. She tried to complain but Hyoni managed to glare her eyes to Taylor's direction.

"I don't know what is happening to you and for God's sake, stop drinking!" Hyoni's voice is thin and sarcastic.

"Shut up, Hyoni! You don't know how hard it is to BREAKUP with someone you thought he is your PRINCE." She loudly shouted toHyoni. For the first time, Taylor had shouted to her best friend and even her cannot believe that she had just done it.

A single tear rolls down her cheeks and she brusquely wipe it. Taylor promised to herself not to cry in front of anyone. She always has her pride.

"I don't know who I am without Tim, "Taylor exhaled, more calmly. "Or what my goal is.... or where I'm headed in life. His my life."

She looked at the silver heart pendant with a little diamond at the center as she uttered those words. It was precious to her because Tim gave it to her on their first special date at a fine dining restaurant where they always hang out. They were a PERFECT PAIR in her eyes as everyone knows but now her dreams were over.

Hyoni tried to comfort her as she gently tapped her best friend's shoulder. She tried to tell Taylor that Tim is unworthy of her love but no words came out of her mouth. She was too afraid to break her best friend's little heart. Its suffering for a day.

In her mind, she tried to find some words that will cheer Taylor even just for a night. She ran her newly manicured nails carefully over her beautiful, silky and reddish-brown colored hair instead of blond that was totally Taylor's signature hairstyle. It looks elegant on her with a slightly spiked top and a little longer on the on the sides and all of it framed her face with its shining copper color that set off her green eyes. Hyoni may not be good at comforting people but she has great talent in looking stylish, sexy and fashionable.

She ran again her hands to her hair and finally she found the right words. It was a habit of her every time she thinks and even her doesn't know the reason behind it.

"It doesn't matter," she said in a soft voice. "Someday, you'll forget everything about him then one day when you wake up he will just be a stranger in your life with a known name."

"You think so?" Taylor closed her eyes for a while and let these words run through her head as she gently bend her head on Hyoni's shoulders.

"I don't know. Maybe?" she replied as she looked at Taylor's sweet face. Deep inside Hyoni's mind, it will be hard for her friend knowing that Tim is the only man that will make Taylor's heart fall in love.

They sat almost an hour looking blankly at the whole room neither one of them tried to speak.

"And what am I going to do next?" Taylor finally said with a hopeless shrug.

Hyoni stood up and looked at herself at the mirror. He golden beige tanning salon tan will compliment her espresso-colored Dolce and Gabbana dress, she thought. Quickly, she grabbed Taylor's hand and both of them now were staring at their reflections. Clueless, Taylor asked again what she would do but Hyoni just winked at beamed at her as she turned around.