Aquata

"Who are you and what have you done to my dear brother?" Lauren laughingly said.

She had entered the kitchen to find her brother already making breakfast.

"What?" James said, sounding a bit defensive.

It wasn't surprising to see him cooking, they both were fond of cooking. But to see him up so early was another thing. His brother was not a morning person. But from the looks of it, it seems he had waken up at the break of dawn to prepare a feast.

James suddenly turned to the door which made Lauren turned as well. There was nothing there though.

"Wha--?" Lauren turned to look at James and was about to ask but stopped when she saw his big smile.

She turned once more to the door, confused as ever but then in a few more seconds, there she was: Nadine, looking shy and a little bit out of place.

"Breakfast!" James announced and Nadine smiled, now looking carefree.

Lauren watched as James approached Nadine, placed his hands on her shoulders and gently lead her to the island, sitting her down one of the chairs. He then took the chair next to her and started serving her food.

Lauren was pretty sure the two had forgotten she was there but she didn't really mind. It was really quite a wonder seeing her brother like this. He's just overflowing with happiness. And over a simple breakfast with Nadine.

Lauren had quietly stepped back and out of the kitchen, leaving the two alone. She'd probably just have cereal later.

---

"So..." James started as they both digged in to their hearty breakfast. "What are your plans?"

Nadine first swallowed then looked at James. "What do you mean?"

"Are we staying here until we need to meet him? Or are we going back to... your place?" James asked.

"You want to leave so soon?" Nadine asked this time. She had felt how James felt when he saw his family. He had really missed them.

"I didn't really think about what we'll do, to be honest. I just really wanted to let them know I'm okay." James said. "And, well, now they know. Is it okay if we stay for a while or are your family expecting you back soon?"

"My family knows our situation." Nadine said in a reassuring tone. "I'm okay with anything. What do you prefer?" She asked.

James stopped, now looking serious. It made Nadine a little nervous.

"I..." He started saying, looking at Nadine quite intensely.

"I really want you to know me." He says. "Know me more, for real."

"Oh." Nadine could only say.

"And I want to know you." James added.

They quiet for a moment, just looking at each other. And then Nadine smiled.

"I'd like that." She told him.

James grinned.

---

After their hearty breakfast, Lauren had approached Nadine with a set of fresh clothes for her to change into.

Nadine had gratefully taken them and returned to her room to change.

When she went back, she saw the twins in the living room, talking.

Before she could even say anything, James had looked up expectantly, his smile wide.