Imagine Nine

People always call you stupid, worthless, doormat, among other things.  Today someone said something to you that crossed a line.  You've chosen to refuse to repeat it.  But you have a tiny feeling that it's because you're dating Thomas Sangster and live with him as well.

You run home and go straight to the bathroom, with tears flooding down your face.  You find a razor and make nice, big slices across your wrist.  It hurts but you can deal with the pain.

"*Y/N*?" a familiar voice calls calmly.

You know instantly that it's Thomas' voice.  You see him with tears moistened in his eyes.  He walks over to you and puts the razor away.  He puts his arm around you and kisses your temple.

"What's wrong?" he asks.  "Why are you doing this?  Did someone hurt you?"

"It's hard to hear all the hateful things people say about me." you reply.  "I can't handle it."

"Listen.  Life is all about this kind of thing.  It's not easy.  People say things like this about me too.  If it's about us, they're just jealous.  I honestly couldn't have asked for a better girlfriend than you.  It always gets better.  I promise."

"Thanks Tommy."

"Please don't do this to yourself again.  Don't listen to what they say.  I love you."

He pulls you into a tight hug.  He soon pulls you into a soft kiss.