Chapter 5

I open the door of the bathroom, now realizing that I was safe. I have to tell him thanks. Not now, obviously. But I definitely have to some time.

"Are you guys all packed and ready to go?" My mom asks as she sets down her coffee and carries her small bag to the door. I took the chance last night to pack my things up so I wouldn't have to do it In the morning. I'm smart. Obviously.

Chris nods and rolls his three bags to the door and casually fluffs his hair in the small mirror.

"Alrighty then, I guess we're ready to leave gang," my mom says.

"Mom, stop. We aren't in Scooby Doo," I protest against her comment. She rolls her eyes at me and heads down the hall to the elevator. Chris follows, and I'm left in the back to carry the coffee's, the food, and my bag.

Once Chris and I get into the car, we wait in awkward silence for my mother, who seems to be dragging ass, to check out. This is my chance, thank him.

"Hey, thanks for.. Uh- Um.. Saving my ass," I manage to mutter out. Chris looks at me in the rearview mirror with deep brown eyes. "No problem. Just don't bitch to me about your life, when you have no idea who I am yet," he states with a completely straight face. Honestly, this pisses me off too. I bitch to everyone about my life! I do what I want! I hold in my anger and swallow with my teeth gritting down. But, he was right. I took a breath and simply let it go.