2

I play with the potatoes on my plate while my parents laugh with the adults. It's a pity that Seo Yul is staying over at her friend. I like that kid.

"Does anyone want to drink something?" I ask as I stand up.

"We're fine." The father of the other family says and I nod.

I grab my plate and walk to the kitchen. "I never got your name." I turn around. It was the guy from earlier.

"I'm Hye Won," I say and he nods.

"I'm Rohan." He says and I smile.

He places his plate in the sink. "Honey, why don't you show her around?" His mother asks.

"Sure." He shrugs. "Do you want to go for a walk?"

My parents will kill me if I say no. "Yeah, why not?"

We go outside and start walking in silence. Since its winter, it's already dark outside. "So, what is the reason you moved here?" He asks.

"I got expelled from my previous high school," I say and he laughs.

"What did you do?" He asks and I shrug.

"One of my friends stole the answers of midterms and gave them to me to keep safe. I didn't know that it was the answers though. She then snitched me at the teachers and whenever I tried to tell them that it wasn't me but her they just told me to shut it."

"Talk about having snakes as friends, huh?" I nod at his comment.

"Yup," I mumble and he chuckles.

"That's shit." He laughs and I slowly nod.

"Are you going to college?" I ask and he frowns.

"Wait a minute." He says and we stop walking. "How old do you think I am?"

"Somewhere in your twenties," I say and he bites his bottom lip to prevent an outburst of laughter.

"I already thought that it was off since you called me Sir, but you're funny." He says and he walks again. I follow him in confusion.

"Wait, how old are you then?" I ask as I frown.

"I'm seventeen." He says and I gasp.

"I called you Sir," I say, my voice full of regret. He nods with a smile.

"Sounded good though." He chuckles. "But I wonder, what made you think I was older?"

"Your voice is not that one of a seventeen-year-old," I say and he frowns.

"What's wrong with it?" He asks confused.

"It's way too deep."

"You think so? I find it normal." He mumbles. "Is it weird?"

"It's not weird, it's probably just me," I say and he slowly nods.

"I see."

"Wait, that means that you go to the same school as that I will go to. I'm not alone." I do a little cheer in my mind and he shakes his head.

"I dropped out." He says and I look at him in envy.

"Lucky you," I say and he smiles. "Well, at least we're neighbors."

"I don't live here, I live in Seoul. I'm just visiting my parents." He says and I fake a cry.

"Damn it." I groan and he laughs.

"Didn't want to leave you with any expectations."

"When are you leaving?" I ask.

"Friday." He answers.