Author's Note + Book II

Hola mis amigos!

Here we are, on the last part of THE DEVIL WENT DOWN TO GEORGIA. How are we feeling?

I'm so proud of how far my own writing has come from the first chapter of THE RUNAWAY to now. That last scene was so much fun to write and play with haunting elements. What did we think? I'm so excited to introduce Saint Dymphna in her full form, and unleash her terror on the world and Leila, because lord knows she's not done with little miss Connors yet. (Which is why she's our chapter gif, and not one of our wonderful Winchesters, amazing angels, or lovable Leila.)

As you're likely aware, this book was quite short. I've intentionally left it so, because I have many plans for a second (third?) book in the series, which was announced back when I had just finished THE RUNAWAY. Now that this book is established, book two will be released Christmas Day (two days from now), and there is a one-shot, under the name BABY PLEASE COME HOME that will be posted tomorrow to link the two together. It will star Alisabeth and, of course, Leila, and since it's a Christmas-themed one-shot, we'll again, get to look into some holiday elements as well as explore some more mental illness aspects, because we know that that's what these books are all about. BABY PLEASE COME HOME has nothing to do with my previous Christmas one-shot, so please do your best to keep those two separate in your mind as this one-shot will follow my story line and the other one was more a fun little story for the holidays for you guys to enjoy. (It will be posted in the same book as the other Christmas one-shot, just so I can try and keep my profile slightly less cluttered than it already is.)

I honestly cannot wait to write book two for you, and I've renewed my love for this storyline and these characters by writing this (except Saint Dymphna, that bitch is the worst) because I know Leila's story is important to so many people. I'm sorry that I don't update constantly, but just know that I wish I could, I just don't have the time or headspace to do so sometimes. I hope that Leila's journey is continuing to heal as much as it did during THE RUNAWAY, and I hope that THE ANGEL OF ANXIETY will do the same.

At the same time, I also want to rewrite THE RUNAWAY, and possibly turn it into a script format. Would anyone be interested in that? Let me know. Eventually a rewrite will happen, I just haven't decided the format yet. (It might be both because, like Sean Kingston said, she's indecisive, she can't decide.)

Post your predictions, speculations, rants, praises, anything, in the comments below! I'm excited to see where all of you think Leila's journey is going to go. And I'm excited to take you through her final journey in THE ANGEL OF ANXIETY.

I'll keep this short because we are going to see each other the next couple of days with these characters, but just know that your support means the world to me, and I wouldn't be here without it. Thank you so much for following, and I hope you love what I have in mind for the final book in THE RUNAWAY series. Little teaser, just as a little sneaky peek to your guys' Christmas present; in this we will see what Saint Dymphna does to destroy the world around her, what Connie Fairborough had to say to the Winchesters, how Leila Connors finds her way back home, and we get to see the introduction of Tera Brantley, our first place contest winner by lydilinski who I am so excited to explore.

See you soon,

Thalia