~chapter 8~

"Hello my favorite sheriff" I say walking towards Liz "hi Damon" she says holding a kinda large file in her hands. "So what did you wanna talk to me about?" "Here" she says handing me the file as I scan through them "I've never seen anything like this there has been 15 bodies found mangled and 2 are missing so I was wondering if you have ever seen something like this before" I stare for a few moments at the photos and descriptions in the file trying to piece together where I could have seen something like this before or at least heard of it. "Liz, I don't think I have ever come across something like this before but I might know someone who has I'll call Stefan see if he might now something... Give me a sec?" "Of course" she smiles briefly.

"What is it Damon?" He sighs "hello brother you sound so happy as ever" I chuckled. "Yeah whatever what's up?" "Well I was wondering if you ever heard or seen of bodies being mangled to pieces or have gone mysteriously missing by any chance?" "Um.. no I don't think I have well other than me when I used to rip innocent peoples head off but no why what's wrong now?" He asked curiously. "Well Liz is asking for help on a file and I know for sure it isn't you or me but the pictures here look like a wild animal did something like this" "send me a pic of one so I can a have more visual see if I can figure something out to help" "will do, bye Stef" "bye" I hung up and took a picture of one of the bodies to send it through hopefully he can.

Maybe I should try someone who has been around a lot longer than any of us. "Damon! How nice to hear from you mate" I roll my eyes at his tone. "Hey Klaus I have a serious question to ask" "and what would that be? Miss me already?" He laughed "ha you wish but no anyways I'm helping the sheriff with a case and I haven't seen anything like it before but you know since the big bad hybrid has been around for such a long time-" "yes I have what is it may I ask?" "Well it's 15 bodies that have been mangled which looks like from a large animal and there's 2 missing" I wait for his response. "Oh I'm afraid that's not a good sign there mate" "so you know what it is?" "Yes and sadly there is no way in hell you can stop them" well he sounds in distress "Hello, Klaus... tell me what the hell it is?" "... Berserkers" and he hangs up on me. What the fuck is a berserker? I thought to myself as I find sheriff Forbes talking to one of her deputies "hey Liz can I have a moment?" I ask pulling her to the side for a little more privacy.

"So what did you find out" she asked "called Stefan and he said he wasn't sure but would check into it but I called Klaus and he knew exactly what we were dealing with he said they where called berserkers" "what the hell is that?" She asked. "I have no idea...he hung up before I could even ask" "well thank you I'll go look into and you go see if Bonnie could look into it with her ancestors or whatever witch business she could do before the situation gets worse" "will do Liz I'll go do that now... Bye let me know what you find" "I will" she nods.