The Spark That Lit Their Hearts

Smoke filled the air of Shawn's tiny studio apartment. The smoke triggered his epilepsy. Shawn immediately started seizing. Firefighters rushed through the door flipped Shawn on his side and said, "Another one??  Two epileptic men that seize when they smell smoke??" Shawn heard this and was curious as to who was this other man that shared the same disorder as him. 
Shawn was rushed to the hospital where he was treated. Since the was a fire in an apartment complex, which resulted in multiple new patients, Shawn had to share his room with someone else.
Shawn shared his room with one of his neighbors, Charlie Puth. Shawn had never really talked to Charlie, or really knew anything about him, other than they lived in the same building.
Shawn: "Hey, Charlie. What are you in for?"
Charlie: "The smoke triggered something in my brain which caused me to have a seizure."
Shawn: "Omg! Me too! I overheard the paramedics talking about someone like me and i've been wondering who it was."
Charlie: "Well, it's me."
Shawn: "Yeah, we're really similar. The only difference is that i'm gay and you're not... or are you? Wait, you don't have to answer that if you don't want to."