Chapter 13: Sweet Confessions

Chapter 13:

Gin carried Abby into his room and heard Ella shouting, “GIN COME BACK!”

He chuckled and kicked the door hard with his left foot. He wanted so bad for Ella to suffer. The door slammed loudly and Abby mumbled in her sleep. 

Gin respectfully lay her down on his bed and drew the quilt over her. He blew out the candles which were now barely an inch long and turned off the lights. Gin wished sometimes for a sister, and he knew that if ever he could have one, he’d ask for Abby. He hadn’t really spent much time with her but had noticed her too from when she was a kid. A caring friend, she knew exactly when and when not to pry. 

Gin thought of a bygone winter morning when he was nine and Abby seven. Abby and Ella had come to visit Brian and the trio had been building a Lego tower. The Lego box had been Gin’s and he had shyly hid behind the curtains of Brian bedroom, wanting to take back his Lego box. His brows furrowed, he had noticed Ella spot him and had then turn quickly away. She had acted if she hadn’t seen him at all. 

Gin had felt like crying. All he had wanted was the pretty Ella to call him in but there she was, flippantly ignoring him as if he didn’t exist. Suddenly he had realized that Abby had spotted him. He had quickly turned away and hid himself behind the curtain. 

“I’m going to get some water.” Little Abby had said and Ella and Brian had grunted their approval as she got up to leave, busy with building the tower’s top. 

Gin had held himself still with bated breath, hoping against hope that she didn’t see him. He hadn’t wanted them to feel that he had no friends. 

Suddenly, there she was, facing him. 

The first thing she did was smile and Gin had relaxed. 

“Do you want to come in and play with us?” Abby had asked quietly in her childish, cute, slightly nasal voice and had begun to rock on the balls of her feet. 

Gin had cleared his throat and had angrily stared her down. In his mind, the friends of his little brother were mean and didn’t deserve a proper reply from him. 

Abby had caught his hand then and softly, still smiling had led him into the room.

“Come play!” She’d said and Gin had watched Brian smile and little Ella stare at him and then look quickly down. Again, she turned towards the tower as Brian smiled on along with Abby. 

Gin had yanked Abby’s hand off of his and had run away.

Gin wasn’t someone who usually kept grudges for so long but Ella was someone whom he couldn’t forgive so easily. Even as a child, she had been beautiful, just like the princesses on Disney Chanel. But she was always, always ignoring him.

Gin reeled forward before catching himself on the cabinet and shook his mind out of its reverie. He sighed. He had better not nod off. He had work to do.

He made himself stand upright and marched out of the door. He stopped as he saw Ella spread out next to the floor next to the sofa and reddened once more at the sight of her bare breast. It looked soft and round. All he wanted to do was touch it, fondle it and feel it against his lips. But the gentleman that he was, he knew he couldn’t even though he was pretty much out of control. 

He bent down and Ella’s eyes fluttered open. They were full of tears. 

Gin, gently staring into her blue eyes, pulled the gown over her chest. He made sure not to touch her. He then gently picked her up and began to take her next to Abby. Her tears had made him feel guilty as a prick and all he wanted now was for his drunken mind to get a grip on itself. He admonished himself for the pain he had wanted to cause her.