Chapter Twenty Two

I woke up with the sun the next morning, watching as the birds started to wake from their perches and the sun's rays trickled through the tree leaves. All was silent, and I decided this is my favorite time of the day. Sometimes silence is the real beauty in nature. After an hour gazing out of my window, I got up and picked out black jeans and a flannel shirt. I wanted to go back to the woods today and walk around. I unlocked my door and stepped out, immediately smelling cinnamon rolls. I go into the kitchen and see Fiona, who is still dressed in her fleece pajamas with a fluffy robe over top of them.

   "Hi, Fiona," I said shyly, feeling like I was intruding on her privacy. She turned around and beamed.

   "Good morning, Faith. Oh, that's so much fun! Having someone to say good morning to, I mean," Fiona said, laughing. I nodded and sat down at the small table.

   "Are you making cinnamon rolls? I could smell them when I came out of my room," I said to Fiona.

   "I guess you can call it a cinnamon roll. Except it's a giant one that you cut, and is has orange cream cheese frosting on it," Fiona explained. The oven went off, and she went to grab it- without anything on her hands.

   "Whoa! Doesn't that hurt?" I said, standing up. She turned around, apparently confused.

   "I am immune to heat. Every person that lives here is immune to something, some are really weird, like Fire Feather is immune to spicy food, like he can't taste it," Fiona said, laughing.

   "That's weird, I've never really told anyone this because it's kind of weird, but this one time I touched the stove and I felt nothing. And another time, I accidentally tripped and fell on the fire pit at Jenny's house. My arm only went in, and it didn't hurt at all. I did have a burn mark though," I said to Fiona. She stopped what she was doing and stared at me.

   "That is weird. It's like you're....you're one of us," Fiona whispered.

       All of sudden, this bolt of electricity surged through me and Fiona screamed. Then instantly, it stopped and I dropped to the ground, suddenly exhausted.

   "What happened to me," I said shakily, sitting up. Fiona's face was white. She tried to answer me, but it seemed like no words would come out. I sat her down at her table, and patiently waited.

     Finally, some color returned to her cheeks, and took a deep breath.

   "Faith, you...changed," Fiona said, looking into my eyes. "What do you mean by that?" I said, extremely confused.

   "I mean, I think you're one of us, Faith. You turned into an animal. And not just any animal, a golden dragon. The weird thing is, a golden dragon is supposed to be our savior, the one who will bring us out of hiding."

      My whole world went dark. 

A/N This summer has been extremely chaotic, soooo sorry! I'm trying to update, but keep getting sidetracked. I am going to be posting the final chapter *yay* soon!! So stay tuned....

     The picture above is what Faith turned into. Interesting right?? ;) Thanks for reading!!!