Never Safe- Liv

JUDD'S POV

     She was in pain, she was scared, I had her right were I wanted her, I knew my job was not done but I felt proud. I woke up this morning feeling power, more power, I was stronger. The connection was growing, I knew it. Last night was only the beginning.

      I had plans to inflict pain on her for such a long time. I will have Liv one way or another. The only thing I had to risk was the knowledge of our connection; my eyes and ears into her world, it kept me one step ahead of her and her stupid lover, Jessie.

      I let them enjoy the carnival while I took another step towards my victory. I am Judd Levels, and I will get what I want, I will win, like always. The dumb girl thinks she is special because I have kept her alive for so long. It is true that I have done different in past lives with others, but yet again, all plans have their time, right?

I still had no clue how I was going to get rid of her,I did have my doubts about this job I was assigned to but I couldn't think of that when I know they are watching me. Talk about no privicy.

      I'm off to the carnival to give them a little scare, just to make sure that no matter where they are, they keep it in their minds that I am still the boss in this game.

LIV'S POV

There were such beautiful colours all around us, so many people were smiling and laughing that day. We played almost all the games before the sun began to set and I had not thought once about last night's terror. Everything was fine; so I thought. 

"Okay, I got the tickets for tonight's show. Do you want to eat something before it starts?" Jessie had made me forget everything today. Somewhere between the cotton candy and the laughter, I felt a bit safe, as if nothing was going to happen at such a cheerful time. I guess people are wrong. 

"Yes please, I'm starving. How about we check out that burger place we saw earlier?" I said. 

We were almost at the restaurant when 2 gunshots sent the crowd into mayhem. There were so many screams and crying children, I couldn't process it all at once. I stood there looking shocked while another 3 shots fired more horror into the crowd, and suddenly Jessie was pulling me into it. Like everybody else I was freaking out, nobody knew from where or who the shots came from but I did, out of the corner of my eye I saw a familiar figure. Sandy coloured wavy hair over a tall lean body told me exactly who was responsible for everything. Judd had come. 

He saw me standing there in the middle of everything, and he smiled at the terror he caused. Jessie kept on pulling me away and soon I had no sight of Judd. 

"Follow me, but you have to stay very quiet and listen, understand?" Jessie was directing me into a small alley 

"Where are we going? We can't hide! He found us Jessie, he found us!" I was on the verge of a mental breakdown. There was a door Jessie must have noticed because the next thing I knew I was being pulled into the alley walls. Darkness engulfed us in less than a second; we were standing in a small room the size of a tiny shoe closet.