The Throne: Fin

Author's note: And so it ends here. I'm sorry this was short and kinda sucky, I just wanted it to end since I want to write the next book already. Anyway, I'm glad you guys enjoyed this shitty Kristelsa story and I would also like to thank you guys for the support. Bee-tee-dubs, I turn seventeen in three hours lol, not that it's any of your concerns. Love you!

With regards,

Athena

---

He insisted on taking her back home since he kind of owed it to her and because he wanted to see her safe, but she waved him off and told him that she didn’t need safe when she had her powers intact. She knew that that was a lie since part of her didn’t want to run off to the hills with him or probably it was because she didn’t want him to meet her parents just yet. So she smiled, telling him she’d be alright and she would be breathing when he sees her. She stood up and desperately straightened her dress and untangled the knots in her hair, trying to make herself presentable and convincing since the least she wanted was her parents thinking that she was too occupied that night – even when in truth she was really. She looked at him through his reflection, the speculation on her face, the doubt clear, and the desperation flashing on her blue eyes. She turned away before he noticed as she fumbled for the ribbons to secure her dress.

“I know you’re nervous.” It was clearly an understatement, but she completely ignored the concern as she stared back at his eyes as if questioning him.

Was this really going to happen?

He kissed the back of her neck as he finished the ribbons for her, his hands rested on hers, his smile on her skin. She thought she would lose it as thoughts of uncertainty filled her mind. She knew this was foolish and that it was a danger to play with someone’s heart. But what could she do?

His smile grew into a grin, his soft lips still on the base of her neck, his hands scheming their way on her hips, wrapping them possessively around her. She wanted to flinch, but decided to stay still. “I know this looks like a dream.” He murmured low into her ear, his eyes still fixed on her glacial blue ones in the mirror.

More like a nightmare, she mused.

She could hear the beat of his heart as she doubted hers was functioning as it should. “I never knew I could feel this way.” He continued, perspicuously blinded with bliss and the blasphemy he liked to call love.

She couldn’t bring herself to lie as the emotions she thought she had for him had dispersed and turned into complete ice, settling low in her stomach, reminding her that she had a cold frozen heart. She pushed his hands away – gently – as she turned to face him with a vague smile, her hands shaking behind her back, the frosts spewing their venom in the corners of his shanty. She forced herself not to look at them lest it would make him doubt. She didn’t want him to know that she wasn’t so sure about this whole marriage and commitment thing.

Why was she holding back? This was her ticket to freedom!

She nervously fidgeted as she thought of an excuse to leave early. She bit her lip, released it as she decided to try an easy smile. “I should go. My parents don’t know that I’m still here.” She said as she slipped on her flats, her hair dangling right behind her, some tangles still visible.

“Okay.” He replied as he enveloped her in a tight hug, taking her by surprise.

Again, she wanted to squirm, but she chose to hug him back, the same fear circling her mind.

He kissed her hair, placing his chin on top of her head. “I want you to know how much I love you.”

She winced. Those three words never failed to make her grow sour.

He sighed quite lovingly as he released her – not quite – and held both of her shoulders at arm’s length. “I’ll meet you at the gates later, okay? I wish you good luck.” He gave her a quick peck on the cheek before releasing her.

She smiled as she turned her back from him and left him like a fool waiting for something to happen.

---

Her mother dragged a hand through her hair, the sigh she had heard for two whole hours resonating in the cold room. The queen paced back and forth, her eyes on her footing as she winced at the idea of her sixteen year old daughter marrying someone she just met. She bit her lip as she forced to look at her daughter with steely blue eyes.

You can’t marry a man you just met.” Her mother said firmly, head held high like the queen she was. Elsa understood why she cannot as she didn’t want to be married at all if it wasn’t for the freedom it promised.

She bit her lip at this and sighed the same sigh her mother had been making. “But please –”

The queen only waved a dismissive hand at her to shut her daughter up, her brow arched. “If you could have retaliated with it being true love I could have let you, but I see there’s something you want that doesn’t concern love.” She gave her a worried look as she placed both of her hands on her daughter’s shoulders. “Look, Elsa. I know you want to be free, but honey, this isn’t the way to get it. You will be when you become queen. You can do whatever you want, even reveal your powers if you want to.”  She gave her a reassuring smile, but seeing Elsa didn’t return the smile, she let go and turned her back to her.

Elsa only sighed again.

“I will give you a choice, become queen and leave him be, become someone or, become as worthless as a rat and as pregnant as a cow. I love you too much to tell you what to do. Choose wisely, Elsa. There can only be one.” The queen turned her head to give her a look of sympathy before walking away.

She sighed as she returned her gaze back at the window and watched Kristoff approach the gates. No tear rolled down her cheek as she placed a cold hand on the window, spreading the thin sinews of frost. She shook her head as she turned her back from the window and walked back to her quarters, picking up the dusty Arendellian book of treaty in the process, sense taking over stupidity.

She belonged in the castle, not in the shambles.