what happened to 'the 1975' ?!

okay, please tell me i'm not the only one who thinks that they have changed A LOT.

i remember when i first listened to one of their songs, probably around the beginning of the last year, and trust me i literally felt something inside me coming to life. i'm usually an introvert and often tend to lock myself in my bedroom with the lights off and just listen to their songs on repeat, overthinking life and stuff. it was practically like a therapy for my struggles and it honestly did help me find a new side of me that up until this day i wish i could turn back to.

but the latest songs they released -give yourself a try and love it if we made it.. well, honestly, i don't feel that the 1975's vibe i used to feel a long time ago when listening to their music.

let me just introduce the following lines to you:

the first one is from 'fallingforyou' and the second one is from 'give yourself a try'

???? how am i supposed to interpret the second one?!

now, don't get me wrong, i do not intend on saying that their music is now crappy or that i do not favor them anymore. the point is that it now sounds all commercialized, as if their 'boss' told them to make a song which is due in 5 days and they just came up with this. i feel like the 1975 is dead and THIS came to replace them.

i

am

so

fckn

done.