Part 2

Fitz got up, walked into the bathroom next to his room, and brushed his teeth.

He looked at his reflection on the looking glass and thought, why would Jemma even want me? I'm not hot like Trip, Ward or Will... I'm not strong or witty...

He tried to organize his brown curly hair, but the hair being stubborn, kept it's original shape.

Fitz shrugged and wore a deep blue t-shirt with Einstein's energy on it (not nerdy at all). Over the shirt, he wore a checkered top. 

He wore his jeans and black sneakers, then he noticed that his bracelet, Jemma's handiwork for him, wasn't on his wrist. Immediately, he flipped the bed linens and fervently searched for the bracelet. It was made of a rope, and looked pretty simple, but Jemma made it for him, and he considered it as his lucky charm. His entire room was upside down and he didn't find it. Fitz simply couldn't start his day without it.

A knock on the door.
"Fitz?" director Coulson's voice was heard, "is everything okay with you?"
Fitz walked over and opened the door.
"No, not really," he replied, "can't find my bracelet."
"It's just a bracelet," said Coulson, "we're late for the debrief."
"No! it's not JUST a bracelet!" said Fitz, almost shouting, "it's-"
"-Agent Simmons gave it to you, didn't she?"

"Ah, yeah?" Fitz said and blushed, "how did you know?"
"-I noticed this bond between you two and the only thing that I understand from what you say, is that you kinda like eachother."
Fitz had a difficulty breathing. Could Jemma feel for him what he feels for her?

It can't be. Coulson it probably just trying to make him forget about the bracelet and get him to that stupid debriefing.

When the silence got awkward, Coulson said, "look what we'll do. Come with me to the debriefing, and as soon as it's over, we'll come here, and I - personally - will help you find the bracelet. Deal?"

"-Deal."

Coulson gestured to the door.

Fitz got out of the room, the director behind him.

*****

"It's about time, Fitz," said agent Melinda May in anger, as Coulson and Fitz got to the "living room" of the Quinjet.

Daisy sat on the table, her legs crossed. Mack leaned on the table beside her, and May stood next to them, crossing her arms.

Hunter and Bobby's absence was felt. They had to quit because of the aftermath of their last mission in Russia. 

"Sorry," he said in embarrassment, his head down.

"Ummm... it took me a while to find me toothpaste." He scratched the back of his head. 

"So can we finally start this dam - sorry, important - debrief?" said Coulson.

Nearly all of the team tried to choke their giggles. Coulson blushed. May wasn't giggling.

In a minute, all giggles died out. Agent May scanned everybody with her grim, penetrating gaze, "continue debriefing, Coulson," she said in a silent voice.

"Okay," Coulson replied and started talking.

He started to tell them about queen Elizabeth's long-lost brother, who was 46 years younger than her. Fitz didn't want to know how.

Coulson told them, that he donated many associations - those who fight incurable diseases and those who take care of welfare, but recently, it has been discovered that they were actually straw companies, working at his service, to get a philanthropist's reputation and to make the people donate, which adds to his personal gain. He's actually in Cuba, counting his money gotten from bribery, plunder, theft, deceit and a ton of similar deeds. If that's not enough, he's actually a HYDRA agent, planning to wage war against S.H.I.E.L.D. really, REALLY soon.

"...and that's why we have to stop him - by any means necessary," Coulson summed. "Fitzsimmons, you two will go with May and Daisy on this mission. You'll get ready tomorrow," he said with a grim voice.

FItz's heart beat strong and fast, as if trying to get out of his body. 

He's only gone on a few field missions before and preferred working backstage, at the lab. Preferrably with Simmons...

He didn't have the bravery or skills for field missions, like May, Daisy and the rest. He wondered if there will be a situation, where he has to save Simmons and won't be able to... can they not make her stay here? It's true that she grew to be tougher now, after the journey on that desert, distant planet, but still...

He couldn't take the thought of Simmons getting heat. Obviously, he cared for the others, too, but she was the most precious thing for him.

"Fitz? Fitz?" said a familiar voice and finger of a gentle hand snapped in front of his face. The fingers were connected to Jemma, who gave him a worried look. "Is everything all right?"

"What? yeah. I'm good," he said, stuttering, as his consiousness came back to reality, "what did I miss?"

"Not much," she replied, "we're going now to train with May on fighting, and later a shooting range with Daisy."

"Okay," he said with decisiveness, which was uncharacteristic for him, "let's go."