Part 4

When they got to the fire range, they heard a gunshot.

They got inside and saw Daisy, shooting targets 10 meters away from her, with different enemy faces on them - Hive as Grant Ward, Malick, Giyera and Hydra's symbol.

The shot they heard hit Ward's forehead and started smoking.

"Hey, Daisy," said Simmons as she walked through the door, "how long have you been here?"

"Not long," she smiled, put her gun down and walked towards them, "a half an hour, give or take."

"And how's it going?" asked Fitz.

"It's fine," she shrugged, "what about you two? Did something new? found a cure for cancer? A way of curing blindness? limb regeneration?"

"No," said Simmons, "but we're on it," she added with a smile.

Daisy signaled for them to follow her and gave each one a rifle and a gun.

Simmons held the weapons, as if they were a ticking bomb. Fitz knew she didn't get along well with weapons. No pacifism, she just thought that the way of activating them was too easy and simple, and that it could lead to accidents.

Everybody got a position and started shooting.

Fitz's state was... fine - he hit the target a couple of times (not in the center, of course. He's not Hawkeye) and a couple of times he hit Jemma's targets, on his left, and Daisy's targets, on his right.

He noticed that when aiming for Ward's target, everybody missed less. Everybody hated him with a deep, irreconcilable hate - all that time, when he pretended to be their friend, he operated as a Hydra agent, who sent Fitz and Jemma on a little journey to the bottom of the ocean, which caused Fitz to have severe brain damage. He continued operating towards their death, and in the end, even after he died, that creature - "Hive" - got control of his body.

Simmons started getting upset - she shot many, MANY bullets towards Ward's target. The damage was so bad, that the entire target was ripped to shreds besides Ward's hair.

Fitz saw a tear crossing her cheek, put his weapons aside, and put a hand on her shoulder. She kept on shooting fervently. 

"Jemma. Jemma," he said, "look at me."

"What?" she asked with a tone, that characterized her mood.

"Are you all right?" he asked with concern.

"Of course I'm all right, Fitz," she said coldly, "I just... hate Ward. With everything he has done...". She didn't finish her sentence, but Fitz knew what she meant - both of them got badly traumatized from their "experiences" with Ward.

Simmons left her finger on the trigger, sending projectiles flying with no control.

Fitz got her hand, made her let go of the trigger and lowered her weapon.

"You sure you're okay?"

She turned to him, wrapped her arms around his neck, buried her face in his shirt and wept. Fitz hugged her and patted her on the back. "Everything is all right, Jemma," he said. He let her cry for as long as she wanted. Both of them knew eachother long enough to know that when one of them needed support, the other will supply it.

Eventually, she stepped back from him, kissed him on the cheek and said, "I'm going to sleep. We'll talk tomorrow, first thing on the morning." Fitz nodded and Jemma left the room.

Daisy whistled with an impressed expression, "well, well, well," she said with a wide grin.

"What," asked Fitz.

"You and Simmons," she said with simplicity. 

"We're not together, if that's what you're getting at, Daisy," said Fitz and kept looking at the door.

"Whatever you say," she said and left, leaving Fitz with a confused expression, standing in the middle of the room.