Chapter 1: Love Awaits

( Just a note, Alex in the story is NOT me, I just love the name haha!)
On with the story!
———————————————————————————

My dad kissed the top of my head. Only the second month of school and I've already found someone I've set my eyes on. He is protective, but at least he understands that I can be more outgoing now.

Hi, I'm Alex, and these are my friends, Liza, Ali, and Josi. We all met on the first day. Actually, how we met is a pretty funny story, but that's for another time.

"Have a good day, pumpkin! I love you!" Dad blew a cheerful kiss at me as I trudged on the path to school. I groaned, trying to ignore the frantic man waving at me. I saw a tear on his face and I rolled my eyes. I never got why he was this emotional. I mean, it's not like it's the first day of preschool. I mean I love him and all, but ever since mom decided to live in Canada, he had been overprotective and unorganized.

I finally made it to school, panting.

Hey! Don't judge! It IS a long walk.

Anyway, I decided to meet my friends at the auditorium for the dance tryouts. I wasn't exactly a good dancer. Or energetic to be honest. Especially in the morning. They said I might be good enough, but I didn't really think so. I stopped at the door, debating weather I should go in or not. I, after a few minutes, stepped into the room, finding lots of girls and a couple guys stretching on the ground. I went to the changing room and put on a t shirt and leggings.

After getting dressed, I grabbed my potential 'dance bag', and followed the other contestants onto the stage. In came walking in, my best friends and the dance captain. My friends rushed to spots next to me, and the dance captain stood in front of us, starting to speak.

"Alright, alright, quiet down!" The captain cleared her throat. "As you all know, what we are doing here is dance tryouts. You all will be tested in many different categories, and of course, in teams. I have my vice and vice's vice with me. When I call your name and number, go to the captain or vice with that number."

—— —— ——
Hey guys, Alex here! So, this is my first story, and I hope you all like it! Sorry about it being short, I kinda have trouble brainstorming ya know long things.. Enjoy the rest of the story!