Chapter Seven

WATCH VIDEO LATER PLEASE

A few weeks past and Richard hadn't called or text me. I was getting lonely and there was really no solution. I didn't want to date anyone because I still hadn't really set things straight with Richard or Michael.

I walked my welsh corgi named Benedict for a while around the park. We stopped and I sat on the bench near the slide. Thinking about that day while I pet Benedict's gorgeous blue merle with tan points fur, I realized something. Maybe he was filming somewhere where there was no service or maybe he was just really busy or...maybe he didn't want to talk.

~~~~

On a warm sunny day I was on a drive home from work at the studio. I had just been taking wedding photos to design a card for the couples wedding. The A660 was clogged and queued. My phone rang and I saw it was an unknown number. Answering it I found a familiar voice. James May.

L: Hey who's this?

JM: Hullo this is James!

L: Jamesss! How I've missed you guys!

JM: we've missed you very much as well! Richard wanted to let you know that he had lost his phone in the Nile River, literally.

L: Well tell him that sounds like a fiasco!

JM: haha of course! I'll tell him to call you when he gets his new phone! It's been a while since it happened and I got mine before he did so he-

R: sincerely apologizes.

Richard had taken James' phone and finished his sentence.

L: well thank you Richard.

R: No problem, Mate. Hey do you want to come to the show this weekend and maybe go for a drink at the pub with us?

L: Of course!

R: Just meet us at the studio and we'll go from there!

L: ok see you...what day?

R: Friday at lets say 7?

L: it's a deal. Tell Jezza I said hello!

R: Alright goodbye, love.

L: Goodbye.

I ended the call and couldn't stop smiling. I was going to see Hammond on Friday and something was going to happen.

~~~~

Friday rolled around slower than usual and I was ready to get out of here.

I jumped in my car and headed out on my four hour journey, blasting pink Floyd through the speakers with the windows down. Another Brick In The Wall played over the speakers, reminding me of the Burma special. I just smiled and thought about the curly haired tall man. He was a goofball and really has brightened Richard over the years. I remember watching top gear for the first time, Richard only being 20 or so, being so nervous of being on the telly you could just see it in his eyes.

I put my iPod on shuffle after the song ended and flew down the highway.

~~~~

In Guildford, there was slow traffic on Friday evening. I stopped at a stoplight with The Who blasting through my stereo and noticed a familiar white f12 Ferrari next to me at the stop with the windows down.

"Oh yes." I said as I rolled my windows down. Who Are You by the who was blasting when I did so he instantly turned to see the racket and smiled.

"See you at the next stop!" I floored it and beat him to the next stop.