Chapter Fifteen

"She's an '85 wrangler." Richard patted the bonnet.
"Gorgeous." I smiled, looking it over.
"I've been working on her these past months to relieve the stress. This is what you saw a picture of me in the back of."
"Wow this thing was green before!" I brushed my hand along the bright yellow paint of the Jeep.
"Yeah it was ugly and broken. The clutch was gone, valves full of water, it kept overheating, and lots more." He explained as he looked over the vehicle. He was so hot when he talked about cars.
"So uh what happened to the clutch?" I asked? Climbing into the passenger side and putting my bag full of clothes and things in the back seats.
"One of the gears had shattered and there was a lot of air in there." He used his hands to explain.
"Ok." I smiled and nodded. He climbed in and I was still wanting to hear him talk about cars.
"What?" He nudged me, seeing my cheeks turn pink.
"Nothing." I laughed. Richard decided it was time to tickle me until tears start rolling down my face. We wrestled around for a bit while I could only grasp one hand at a time with him. Soon it was him pretty much on top of me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and we kissed for a minute, still sitting in the garage with the Jeep.
"Want to actually go to the beach?" He sat up and started the jeep.
We drove out of the garage and started down the hilly streets to get to the beach. The wind rustled my hair, which flicked my eyes, making me put on some sunglasses so I wouldn't feel the pain that came from my hair whacking my eyes over and over.
We made it to the beach in a few minutes, and I was glad there weren't many people there. We stepped out of the jeep onto the hot concrete and then moved over to the lava hot sand. I giggled as it flowed between my toes and Richard followed behind. We sat our things down by our towels about 20 feet from the water.
Richard pulled off his shirt and so did I. We walked over to the water and I felt his hands coming towards me and I turned, but not fast enough, and I was pushed into the water.
"Heyyy!!!" I smirked and pulled him into the water by his wrist. He screeched before he hit the water which made me just die laughing. I swam away before he could get me and then I dived down deep into the clear water. I picked up a pink shell and pulled it out of the water. It was home to a crab by the way Richard was telling and running towards me. I dropped the shell and swam away.

After a while of swimming we laid out on the beach in the sun.
"Oh Rich, this is going to be a bugger going back home." I sighed.
"I know." He turned to me.
"I'm going to miss you."
"And I'm going to miss you."
"Why don't we just have fun when you get back huh?"
"You mean get married."
"You mean what?" I stared at him
"Will you marry me?" His brown eyes twinkled
"Oh my gosh! YES!"