Chapter II: In Action (part I)

Silence overtook all other noises aboard the shuttle, not even my breathing could pierce its thick wall. Though each man and women wore a helmet, I could feel their conflicting emotions as we rode for the thick of battle. The battle of Geonosis had lasted for almost 3 weeks now, with neither side gaining an advantage on the other. The Rebellion had allied themselves with the local Geonosians, disgusting bugs but resourceful, having secretly rebuilt a droid factory using parts that were supposed to go towards project "StarDust." Now those retched creatures had built an army for themselves and the Rebels seized the opportunity to acquire a new ally. The droids proved useless against our military might but it wasn't until the Jedi entered the fray, that...extreme measures had to be taken. Upon hearing word of this new development I mobilized a battalion from the 501st, and rushed off towards this powerful new foe. The Rebels may have had the force, but the Empire had me. The pilot began giving us our time.
"40 seconds until deployment my Lord, are you certain you wish to enter this fray? I'm sure the troopers can handle it themselves."
I stood, and looked at each one of my troopers, with each one looking right back. Their morality depended on their leader, and until I arrived it had dwindled. A typical Imperial Officer would not willingly enter a fight, or even consider entering the front lines, unless properly coaxed into doing so. Fighting with my men wasn't just a sign of respect, but it was an example to all those who would lead, who would cower at the sight and sounds of battle.
"My safety is assured with my men, I cannot say the same for yours...pilot."
He began to sweat, pilots had a significantly higher death toll then ground forces. This fact, among TIE pilots is quickly disregarded as they are proud to die for their Empire, but shuttle pilots and officers who still bare humanity still possess their selfish human traits. The ramp lowered over the carnage below, a blur of Walkers, tanks, and infantry. Without a moment of hesitation I propelled myself out of the shuttle and into the glory that await me below.

My impact on the ground left a small crater, no doubt from my use of the force to slow my fall. My entourage of handpicked troopers descended not long after, their jetpacks spewed fire from their individual exhausts as they landed. Our position according to our navigation officer was approximately 1 click east of the Rebel front line, and our presence was completely unknown to them. I knew that wouldn't be for long as the Jedi was strong, and so to was his connection with the force.
"Shall we proceed."
I led my small group through the rocky terrain of the planet, the sounds of battle filling them with anxiety and anticipation, as it did for me only it wasn't for the battle that awaited, but for the revenge that I so desprety craved.