Chapter 1

Okay so this is just something new that I'm going to try. Sorry if it isn't realistic or anything like the book.

Kara smiled as she passed Oliver on the street, he smiled back though they both knew that the smiles were nothing special. They both quickly passed by each other as they walked towards the different part of the school building. Kara was an Amity while Oliver was a Candor but today neither of those mattered as they walked to their next classes. It was the aptitude test and pretty soon they'd probably never see each other again.

Kara smiled as she saw her friend Winn standing by the Dauntless boy James. Her and Winn had been friend ever since they were kids and had just started to become friends with James.

"Hey guys!" Kara said as she walked up besides them. "Are you guys nervous about the aptitude test today?"

"No," James scoffed, "I already know I'm getting Dauntless."

"How can you be so confident dude?" Winn asked. "I've been freaking about this for over a week."

James shrugged as Kara started laughing, she now noticed that Winn's yellow shirt was slightly wrinkled and his hair was unkempt. The bell rang causing all of them to say their goodbyes and head to class. Winn had Math while James and Kara both had History.

At lunch all the factions sat at their designated tables. Kara sat with the Amity who were all laughing but her mind was in another place. She looked across the cafeteria, across the sea of blue, gray, red, orange, black, and white of all the factions until she suddenly found herself stopping when she saw Oliver in a heated debate, smiling as he beat the kid he was arguing against.

She slightly smiled before Winn suddenly nudged her shoulder, causing her to glare at him before laughing when he stuck his tongue out at her. She stuck hers out back at him before he grabbed her hands, leading her to play the game that he had previously been in. It was a game where the two people would grab the others hand and hold their other hand out in a fist before opening it with as many fingers as they chose out, if it amounted to it being even then whoever chose even got to smack the others hand (same for odds if it's odd), they continue to do this until one of them gives.

Kara always chose even so when she and the boy Winn had previously been playing showed the amount they chose it ended with Kara holding out two and the boy holding out four. She smirked before smacking his hand, he let out a little sound of pain but didn't say anything as they went again. They went for a couple of rounds; Kara let him win one and she smiled as his hand made contact but didn't make a noise. The game ended when Kara showed three fingers and he showed five. The boy looked up in fear giving in before Kara got the chance to smack his hand.

On the other side of the cafeteria Oliver watched as Kara pelted the poor kids hand before raising her hand in the air as the kid gave. He smiled before quickly stopping and going back to what he was doing, stealing glances at the Amity table; more importantly Kara.

Suddenly a man in a blue Erudite suit walked to the front of the cafeteria, "Silence!" The man yelled over the cafeteria and Oliver had to keep himself from laughing.

The Abnegation and Erudite tables had immediately quieted down but the Amity, Dauntless, and Candor tables had a little more trouble.

"Silence!" The man yelled again and this time everyone did. He cleared his throat before looking down at the clipboard he held in his hands. Kara rung out her shoulders, taking deep breaths in order to keep a calm.

"The first students to be tested will be," Kara kind of drowned out everything as the man read off the names of who would be going. Two people in Dauntless clothing stood up followed shortly by two Abnegation, then two Candor, and two Erudite.